In Memoriam (Racing People)

It's very sad news.its sad to read any teenager dying. At least he was doing something he liked and not stabbed in the street.
I feel for all the parents.
A friend of mine had his son die at 18 and he was never the same guy afterwards. So sad.

So sad. I've no doubt he had a loving family and he had what, 60 years ahead of him working with horses, maybe taking over from his dad eventually. Terrible. RIP

I've a photo taken of me standing beside Honeysuckle taken at the stable soon after Cheltenham in March. Jack took it. No words.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.

U.K horse racing wouldn't have been the same spectacle without her deep interest and input.

R.I.P

Last edited:
How she never had one good enough to win a derby I'll never know.

Estimate winning the Ascot Gold Cup must have provided a great memory though.

Last edited:
That’s a shock, I’ve not been reading the news. She has been the constant feature nearly my whole life. She honoured me once and chuckled at something I said, but I have never been able to recall a single word of the ceremony or what I said other than forcing myself to remember that I must call her Ma’am to rhyme with pram. A wonderful figurehead for our country and it won’t seem the same without her.

Last edited:
How she never had one good enough to win a derby I'll never know.

Estimate winning the Ascot Gold Cup must have provided a great memory though.

The sporting Life website has a good article on the queen's best five horses. Aureole, Pall mall, highclere, Dunfermline and Carlton House.

It really won't be the same without her. At least she was able to be fairly active and not seem to suffer at the end. Never put a foot wrong. Never said anything out of place. An amazing life. The end almost of a generation.

She was one of us wasn’t she. You knew that, if you ended up sat next to her on a train journey ( as if!) you’d be able to have a jolly good chat about racing. The horse world ( not just racing) has lost a great champion, she loved horses so much. Her train will be passing near to our house so we hope to be able to pay our respects.

She was remarkable. You’ve only got to think of her sense of humour doing the sketches for the Olympics and recently with Paddington. A wonderful human being...we are unbelievably lucky to have had her as our monarch.

Very sad news.i always thought the queen mother was special but the queen has been a great monarch.
RIP.

I hope the Palace continue to run her horses under The Exors Of The Late Queen Elizabeth for as long as possible.

It'll be quite a huge celebration of her life the next time one she woned comes home in front.

She made no secret of how much she loved the game

Back