Irish Flat Season 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
Every single horse in the race looks like a dodgy betting proposition. It is for that reason that I have stuck a small fraction of the Bull's bullion on Dermot Weld's Taamer, who is likely to blow out completely, but has surely a greater than 14/1 chance of recapturing his 2yo form, which will almost certainly be good enough to beat this shower.

Top stuff Bar The Bull!!! :)

Decent card at Leopardstown tonight. I'm heading up for the evening and a bit of The Saw Doctors after (To Win Just Once!!).

My three strongest fancies which will make or break my night:

6:25 Parish Hall
6:55 Prescient
9:05 Pageboy

Have gone through the first race 3 or 4 times and cannot get an angle on it. All suggestions welcome :)

Dunboyne Express should not be underestimated night. He should not be 7/2. Working much better recently.

The Meld looks an interesting race all right, Famous Name, Dunboyne Express and Jan Vermeer, albeit that the latter put up no opposition at all last time out against Famous Name.

Famous Name is still knocking them out at this level at six, amazingly consistent and professional performances.

2/1 on for Famous Name didn't look such a bad price in the end.

He now goes in search of a Group 1 in Germany.

These soft Group 1's in Germany are all the rage for quotes every year but trainers can't resist running them in their own back yard against better opposition.

It would be good if they could take advantage with him. With a bit of cut he'd have a great chance in Munich.

Back