Irish Flat Season 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
I can't wait for them to impress their Maths teacher! S/he will probably give up early on and even sort them out a couple of pitches in the playground, where the wee beasties will be whizzes at fractions in no time at all. You can't beat practical applications.

Last edited:
I would like to be against Zanughan next time out -I thought he lacked tactical pace and even though his finish was visually impressive the two horses he passed close home were prominent from a long way out.
The winner was different gravy.

I would disagree with that actually, Luke. Given the steady gallop at which the race was run I would think those prominent were at a distinct advantage. My view would be that Zanughan ran a distinctly promising race in making up a considerable amount of ground in such a slowly run race, particularly on his racecourse debut.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses; his pedigree would certainly suggest a stiffer test will see him to better effect.

I would disagree with that actually, Luke. Given the steady gallop at which the race was run I would think those prominent were at a distinct advantage. My view would be that Zanughan ran a distinctly promising race in making up a considerable amount of ground in such a slowly run race, particularly on his racecourse debut.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses; his pedigree would certainly suggest a stiffer test will see him to better effect.

This wad a serious maiden, I know Stacks think their Parkers Mill is a serious horse!

Both Empowering and Marksmanship looked unfancied by the morning trading on Betfair hitting 46 and 10.5 respectively. Either it's a pure conincidence or they're keeping their cards closer to their chest amd putting the money down late. I'm not suggesting these were plots or massive gambkes but Marksmanship was entitked to be around a 4/1 chance on breeding if he could get one leg in front of the other quickly.

Last edited:
Markmanship

maybe was not fully fit and is a group horse, they have horses beaten first time out like Fame And Glory last year or others.

Difficult to read the Obrien horses , they use to start slow but this year look fitter than in the past.

Last edited:
The last two handicaps at Dundalk have been priced up by Boylesports --- very refreshing -- have they got a new trader or something --- two very very interesting ones at nice prices too...:ninja: I'm going to make this flat season pay if it kills me!!

They have a new head of trading.

Its a good idea IMHO, Bet365 seem always to be the earliest to price up Irish Racing and have picked up a nice piece of market share because of doing so. The races Boyles are pricing up are fairly straighforward anyway and with Betfair as a guide they cannot go too far wrong.... or can they??? Think they are a little long about Barrow Island is the 1 mile handicap...maybe Lightning Stricks too..

Last edited:
I agree about Bet365. Irish pumters want prices to get there teeth into. You won't just lay the ricks. As for Dundalk tomorrow the only thing I checked was Tasqeel's draw. Stall 14 - dead favourite.

The last two handicaps at Dundalk have been priced up by Boylesports --- very refreshing -- have they got a new trader or something --- two very very interesting ones at nice prices too...:ninja: I'm going to make this flat season pay if it kills me!!

Heading up tonight OTB (Del Boy? Or indeed anyone else?)?

I'm heading up, not a great card but plenty to be interested in. I'm quite interested in Final Recovery ew in the 8.00. 8lb's better off with Crystal Belle since last time they met when the later won by 1L. I find it strange CB is half the price.

Any thoughts on the card?

Heading up tonight OTB (Del Boy? Or indeed anyone else?)?

I'm heading up, not a great card but plenty to be interested in. I'm quite interested in Final Recovery ew in the 8.00. 8lb's better off with Crystal Belle since last time they met when the later won by 1L. I find it strange CB is half the price.

Any thoughts on the card?

The 8:30 and 9:00 are the ones I am concentrating on - just waiting to see how the market settles down Hezz - but will be having two decent bets if the prices are right - they are moving that way at the moment. Fill you in later....:ninja:

Like the sound of that OTB. I'll check in later. Hope you get what you want.

Barrow Island and Strandfield Lady by any chance?? :ninja:

Last edited:
Not sure what im doing yet Hezz, i could head up handy enough, but with the golf on id be more inclined to stay at home and watch both.

Agree with OTB, gonna be having a couple of nice punts this evening.

I'm saving myself for a big one on Sunday. :ninja:

Don the silk dressing gown, light the scented candles, choose one of the crosswords from the Sunday papers and bring out the special 4-ply roll you hide for yourself at the back of the cupboard.

Any thoughts on the Leopardstown card this afternoon?

A disappointing turnout for the Listed Heritage, Famous Name well clear on official figures.

In the Ballysax I'm not certain that Recital will have it that easy.

The 10f. maiden at 4.15 should be quite informative.

I've mentioned the opening 2-y-o race in the First Season Sires thread with a couple of intriguing runners.

I never get involved in handicaps held in Ireland, very much a specialized subject in my opinion and I haven't a clue.

I like the look of Prendergasts in the first, nicely bred, the dam was a good 2yr old.
Oxx and Murtagh are in good form and could spoil Ryan Moores trip.

Johnny doesn't look so bad now does he.....

The more I think about it, the more I think Aidan might be the problem.

Wonder how long they will tolerate him? Particularly if he doesn't deliver this year.

Back