Irish Flat Season 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
No wonder no one wants the Ballydoyle job their horses are never beaten on merit.

Last edited:
No wonder no one wants the Ballydoyle job their horses are never beaten on merit.

:) Come on folks - Recital was just not good enough... Moore was clearly riding to instructions. The horse flew the start but Moore was intent on settling him last despite that.

Best jockey riding at the moment.

Aiden did appear to give far more detailed directions than the usual "Alright?" to the three in the parade ring so you could argue Ryan was riding as he was told to.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right section, as this topic didn't start with "The Road to the Irish Flat Season 2011". Please send directions.

I've no idea. I just thought it sounded good. Still looking for the road... couldn't we even just have "The Little Slip-Road to the Irish Flat Season 2011"?

I would disagree with that actually, Luke. Given the steady gallop at which the race was run I would think those prominent were at a distinct advantage. My view would be that Zanughan ran a distinctly promising race in making up a considerable amount of ground in such a slowly run race, particularly on his racecourse debut.

Will be interesting to see how he progresses; his pedigree would certainly suggest a stiffer test will see him to better effect.

Zanughan out today -I have laid him for a decent amount at 1.63.If he wins he wins I just thought he lacked tactical pace the last day and I always want to be against horses like that.

Fair play, Luke. There looks to be relatively little opposition to him in the market though I certainly won't be playing in the race at the prices. Poorly drawn as well.

Elsewhere at Navan I'm looking forward to seeing Kirinda in the Salsabil; for a filly with such a stout pedigree on both sides, I was seriously impressed by the way she traveled through her maiden (beating Empowering) last backend. Struck me as a potentially classy filly that day; ended up having a rare speculative stab in the Oaks market at 33's.

I have it on good authority that good authority has a massive chance in the first at navan. Reverse forecast with fran berrys mount as a saver

I wonder how many of his opponents are destined to be hurdling next winter.On my side are a terrible draw,stable form and a possible lack of tactical pace.Pointless having an opinion if you aren't going to back it up with cash.

Sam James has rode his 4th winner of the season already. 5lb claimer. Keep an eye on him when they use him on horses high in the handicap or in apprentice handicaps. Will easily ride 20+ winners this season.

I wonder how many of his opponents are destined to be hurdling next winter.On my side are a terrible draw,stable form and a possible lack of tactical pace.Pointless having an opinion if you aren't going to back it up with cash.

Have Zanughan in a fourfold with Torphichen, Reasons Unkown to place and Jenari. Hope this is a rare miss for you Luke. Don't like waiting on one you're against! Small saver on Harringtons.

Zanughan was 8/11 this morning with Bet365 :eek:

After murdering the 2/1 and 6/4 Ansaab yesterday morning I was out of bullets...

Keep an eye on Oxx's second string in the last. Nibbled at big prices on betfair's win market but also plenty of support in the place market. Ben Curtis is a strong rider but looked "weak" in the finish. I wonder why?

Back