ISIS...Islamic State Victims

A friend of mine said today that, many years ago a Muslim taxi driver told her that 'there is a war being fought but no one seems to know that it's happening'. She thought at the time that the taxi driver was a bit bonkers and resolved to be more careful about her choice of taxi company but the comment stuck in her mind. In the light of events that have happened since , it's quite chilling to think about.

So unfair. A thoroughly decent man under no reward or in the name of any religion , did what he did, purely to help his fellow human beings. I feared he was always doomed though as IS would have come up with any pathetic reason to carry out his murder. They do not act in the name of anything decent, moral, humane or worthy of any empathy from their fellow mankind.
His poor family, the images of his last moments everywhere for the world to see must be absolutely horrifying for them.
If there is a God, may he/she bless him and all like him, but I wonder why he/she allows such evil in the world in the first place?

I'm sorry but this is wrong. Russel brand pointed out that this is britains fault for "alienating" Muslim youths who live in council paid £1m flats in maida vale

Of course he will now point out to Jennings family that they are responsible

Isnt it also remarkable that so many of those who got so excited about the jews...sorry israel.. on the basis of "human rights" are suddenly no where to be seen when we isis is discussed?

Baffling...

as if

Well I'm one of those, and presumably your post is an attempt to get a response. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a fairly significant move back to the UK so I'm lacking time at he moment. In fact I'll likely be absent until the end of the month.

However my reponse is very similar to others, and we need feet on the ground as well as in the air. Every conceivable effort must be made to wipe them out before they reach Baghdad, and once their 'army' is halted the intelligence services can focus on chopping the head off. It all seems to be happening a little too slowly for my liking.

'in 2003 we needed Obama in the White House, now we need Bush' is a quote I heard/read somewhere recently, which has more than a grain of truth to it

Had the West not been once-bitten and made terminally shy by the ill-conceived 2003 invasion I think Iraq would have been swarming with our ground forces months ago

I'm a pacifist and appeaser by nature but there comes a time...if we have to go in, go in hard, very hard and get it over with

Thousands of innocent civilians will of course be killed if we go in...rapidly, over weeks...plus the ISIS rabble

Thousands of innocent civilians will of course be killed if we don't go in...gradually, over months and years...minus the ISIS rabble

So unfair. A thoroughly decent man under no reward or in the name of any religion , did what he did, purely to help his fellow human beings. I feared he was always doomed though as IS would have come up with any pathetic reason to carry out his murder. They do not act in the name of anything decent, moral, humane or worthy of any empathy from their fellow mankind.
His poor family, the images of his last moments everywhere for the world to see must be absolutely horrifying for them.
If there is a God, may he/she bless him and all like him, but I wonder why he/she allows such evil in the world in the first place?

Well I'm one of those, and presumably your post is an attempt to get a response. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a fairly significant move back to the UK so I'm lacking time at he moment. In fact I'll likely be absent until the end of the month.

However my reponse is very similar to others, and we need feet on the ground as well as in the air. Every conceivable effort must be made to wipe them out before they reach Baghdad, and once their 'army' is halted the intelligence services can focus on chopping the head off. It all seems to be happening a little too slowly for my liking.

Sorry. Wasnt pointing the finger at you at all. Was more of a general comment rather than forum in general although does of course apply in some cases

Last edited:
'in 2003 we needed Obama in the White House, now we need Bush' is a quote I heard/read somewhere recently, which has more than a grain of truth to it

Had the West not been once-bitten and made terminally shy by the ill-conceived 2003 invasion I think Iraq would have been swarming with our ground forces months ago

I'm a pacifist and appeaser by nature but there comes a time...if we have to go in, go in hard, very hard and get it over with

Thousands of innocent civilians will of course be killed if we go in...rapidly, over weeks...plus the ISIS rabble

Thousands of innocent civilians will of course be killed if we don't go in...gradually, over months and years...minus the ISIS rabble

Yeah it is a good quote.

Isnt it also remarkable that so many of those who got so excited about the jews...sorry israel.. on the basis of "human rights" are suddenly no where to be seen when we isis is discussed?

Baffling...

as if

Talk about a knot of contradictions.

You accuse critics of Israeli behaviour towards Gaza of being anti-semitic at the same time as you are drumming up hatred towards even mainstream Islam and ordinary Muslims.

What is there to say about isis that hasn't already been said? Everyone agrees they must be stopped.

Liar

I am not going to come down to your level other than to say that at no time have I accused ordinary Muslims of supporting isis. But it is perfectly reasonable to point out that isis is a manifestation of a religion which too frequently preaches hostility. And if you can't accept that , then explain why imams like al qaradawi are described as moderate?

Tell me which other religion has a mainstream preacher that praise the nazis? That is a fact. Why should it be brushed under the table just because hand wringing dim lefties are unconfortable with it

It is now time for the religion to have a good hard look at itself.

You are a time waster who cannot address the points

Last edited:
So all criticism of islam is ofg limits?

Lets put this to you

if the archbishop of canterbury declared the nazis to be a gift from god with no kickback from his followers would you not have something to say?

Would subsequent criticism of the c of e be stirring up hatred?

Yes????

And does it really need ppinting out that such language encourages elements to take that as inspiration

You call me a liar and then go on to prove what I said to be perfectly true.
Just the one sentence, yet I cannot understand it.
I have never seen Clive say anything derogatory against ordinary Muslims. And as for accdusing him of "drumming up hatred against ordinary Muslims", that is simply outrageous, Grey. If you said that on a public forum about me I would be very annoyed indeed.
Regarding Islam, Clive does make the reasonable observation that some aspects of its teachings require examination and rebuttal. With that I wholeheartedly agree.

Clive..you do come seem to come across as Anti Muslim ...yes you do mention peaceful Muslims..but it always comes back to blaming a religion for a % of muppets within it..that sort of thinking taken to an extreme would have everyone at The BBC in the 70's was like Jimmy Saville

They are rather a large group..so will have large numbers of muppets proportionally

i can guarantee you i don't care what religion they are...murderers are murderers..when you have that nature it matters not what religion you follow..you just like killing people

Last edited:
Its in my post. Quadawi the leading islamic scholar described as moderate. Direct parrallel

Last edited:
Just the one sentence, yet I cannot understand it.
I have never seen Clive say anything derogatory against ordinary Muslims. And as for accdusing him of "drumming up hatred against ordinary Muslims", that is simply outrageous, Grey. If you said that on a public forum about me I would be very annoyed indeed.
Regarding Islam, Clive does make the reasonable observation that some aspects of its teachings require examination and rebuttal. With that I wholeheartedly agree.

Right

And many in the islamic community probably agree too

Baffling...

as if

Clive, the reason so many people are posting less is YOU, your general behaviour on here, and your threats to glass/physically assault more one forum member, all because we didn't believe a ghost story of your mother's. You are coming across as increasingly unstable..

Really? This thread runs to 25 pages.

Your contributions haven't been missed of course. Correcting someone who thinks that Switzerland is in the eu (and repeated it over and over, with insults) is more than a bit tiring for those that are even moderately informed

Clive

Hamm's post about Switzerland read to me dripping in sarcasm as it was meant imo

Your arguments with Hamm and Grey always end up same..Grey could post it were daylight and you would post it wasn't

you are nitpickin pair of them and then whole thread consists of spats being constantly referred to over and over again

just calm down a bit..we only chatting here..its not world war 3 or owt is it?

You need to be a very very simple minded guy to think I think or ever thought Switzerland is in the EU...

No it wasn't. It was an outright blunder. That's what he tried to claim afterwards. Didnt think that washed with anyone, especially given his past comments about the British in europe

Clive

Hamm's post about Switzerland read to me dripping in sarcasm as it was meant imo

Your arguments with Hamm and Grey always end up same..Grey could post it were daylight and you would post it wasn't

you are nitpickin pair of them and then whole thread consists of spats being constantly referred to over and over again

just calm down a bit..we only chatting here..its not world war 3 or owt is it?

Listen. That's pisses me off big time

1. I was, as icebreaker points out, accused of something which I found offensive and was fundamentally untrue. Not only that, it was probably designed to get the moderators involved (again) so I am not fcking having that

2. I did not bring up past spats as you call them . Read the fcking posts

Last edited:
Back