Jockey News

JJ Burke makes ( I think) his first ever visit over to Carlisle today on a couple of raiders for Jim Dreaper.

I feel for Joseph, He's clearly done all he can with his weight.
Would be good to see him over jumps for a few years before the natural progression into training.

I haven't seen the RP for a couple of days but does this mean AOB will have first claim on Ryan . He is jocked up for a lot of Stoute runners at the Craven meeting .

Last edited:
Dr Adrian McGoldrick, chief medical advisor for the Irish Turf Club, said: "Robbie has chest, abdominal and spinal injuries and has been transferred to Mater (Hospital).
"I have spoken to his family and we have agreed there will be no further comment until Sunday, by which time he will have undergone further scans."

"My heart is thinking of Robbie McNamara at the moment," Culloty told Channel 4 Racing before the Grand National. "He is in surgery at the minute. As well as eight broken ribs and a punctured lung, he fractured his T11 vertebrae and there is a bit of spinal damage.

"Very stable" after yesterday's surgery but full extent of injuries still not known.

Davy Condon expecting to be discharged from Fazakerley today after being kept in for observation after suffering concussion in his fall from Portrait King. He was conscious when taken to hospital so no major concerns.

Good to hear that Robbie McNamara is on the mend.

Thoughts with Ed Barrett too who underwent an operation yesterday afternoon following serious injuries sustained in a fall at Upcott Cross P2P on Sunday.

Martin

I'm not sure Robbie McNamara is out of the woods yet, the most that can be said at the moment is he's off to a good start on a difficult road to recovery. The best of luck to him.

TOM O'BRIEN was forced to miss his ride at Stratford on Sunday afternoon after failing an alcohol test.
O'Brien was due to partner the Philip Hobbs-trained No Likey in the 2m 1 1/2f handicap chase but had to be replaced by Richard Johnson after providing a breath sample which was found to contain alcohol in a concentration above the threshold level.

The stewards held an enquiry following a report from the sampling officer and susequently suspended O'Brien from riding at the meeting. They referred the matter to the BHA.

Stewards secretary Greg Pearson said: "The team that carry the breath tests out turn up randomly and we have no warning they are coming.
"With Tom O'Brien, it was his only ride of the day. We immediately stood him down and reported the findings to the BHA."
No Likey went on to finish fourth.

Is that right that Hadden Frost has retired? He's only about twelve isn't he? Anyone know what his plans are - presumably he's got something good lined up....

Guy Disney became the first rider with a prosthetic leg to ride a winner when Gotoyourplay triumphed in the Men's Open at the Teme Valley point-to-point at Brampton Bryan.The inspirational Disney, 32, lost the bottom half of his right leg after his armoured vehicle was attacked in Afghanistan in 2009.

Last edited:
Guy Disney became the first rider with a prosthetic leg to ride a winner when Gotoyourplay triumphed in the Men's Open at the Teme Valley point-to-point at Brampton Bryan.The inspirational Disney, 32, lost the bottom half of his right leg after his armoured vehicle was attacked in Afghanistan in 2009.

Isn't there some unsung hero or grass roots award as part of SPOTY? Would love to see Guy get wider recognition for his achievements.

Back