Jockey News

that is awful. Assumed they were boozed up losing punters, but Aiden was riding a 25/1 poke in the last and won the previous race...strange..hopefully they're prosecuted and get a proper punishment if found guilty

attachment.php

Attachments

• CQF3NfeWgAEkbMy.jpg
    CQF3NfeWgAEkbMy.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 135
Shocking story about Coleman, lifetime ban and hopefully some time at Her Majesty's pleasure... And perhaps a hefty fine as well, that is bang out of order.

Love that last post Granger - Footballers really are tarts...I mean, wtf is a "Knock"?!!!!

He is going back to a reinforced Varian yard so may be happier in a one stable set up.
Given English is not his first language he may have had trouble with all the different stables communicating; just a hunch of mine no more.
Oisin Murphy to step up to the top job now ?

Not ready for it....how many jockeys have they got through in the last few years.Maybe like GOdolphin they are destined to be underachievers.

Atzeni speaks good English. His stats this year aren't great though. I thought it was a strange appointment at the time as I think there are quite a few better jocks out there.

Looks like Oisin Murphy has the Qatar job.
It is less than three years since I first posted that he was starting an apprenticeship with Andrew Balding and to watch out for him.
I only wish my ante post selections had that success !

Joseph o Brien to train point to pointers.
He has his first entries this weekend and has a few for John "Hotel Minella " Nallen.
I have yet to see a helicopter land at a p2p meet but who knows ?

Touchez Le Bois was I believe the first ex Maktoum horse to run between the flags. what will be the first ex Ballydoyler ?

Looks like Oisin Murphy has the Qatar job.
It is less than three years since I first posted that he was starting an apprenticeship with Andrew Balding and to watch out for him.
I only wish my ante post selections had that success !

Too soon for him.

Silvestre de Sousa rode the last winner at Belmont tonight for Godolphin-his first winner in 8 stateside rides.He had to show lots of strength and determination in the saddle -he will be in serious demand over the winter.

Noel Fehily's 1000 th winner marked up on another thread.
We have sung his praises here more than once.
A great mark for a super jockey , wishing him many more winners.
i hope my sur- namesake Andrew Thornton reaches the mark before he gets his bus pass.

Lester was 80 on 5th November ! Very good article in the Guardian online - including the classic

Q Do you think you would have won the 1972 with today's whips and rules

A ( Lester pats journalist on arm )all the other jockeys would be riding with today's whips too .

Lester was 80 on 5th November ! Very good article in the Guardian online - including the classic

Q Do you think you would have won the 1972 with today's whips and rules

A ( Lester pats journalist on arm )all the other jockeys would be riding with today's whips too .

Class

Delighted to see 17yo Harry Cobden win the Greatwood yesterday on what was only his 6th winner under rules. He won our Novice Riders point to point last season on his way to taking the Novice title (at only 16) with his horse C*ck of the Rock whom he also trained himself AND which also ended the season as Joint Champion Point to Pointer. A very likeable lad to talk to who seems way more mature than his years, I think he will be very much a jockey to take notice of.

Last edited:
Back