Jockey News

Their job is too big for any one jockey so it is for the best all around methinks.
Agreed. They spread the horses around so much that it's virtually impossible for one man to ride work on all of them and make a sensible choice on which one of 3 or more has the best chance in the big races. The trainers will be delighted that they can use stable jockeys who have had the chance to get to know their horses.

From what I heard, Davy losing the retainer had nothing to do with riding or results.

Last edited:
A super ride from Davey Russell yet again......I think the removal of Cooper's retainer is Gigginstown House Stud's way of admitting without admitting it, that they made a mistake. Not that Cooper not a good jockey but Davey Russell has forgotten more than he will ever learn.

I can see Cooper riding less and less and Davey being first choice/First Jockey over anyone else....Ruby Barry and Davey are still the best around and Giggi can't have the first 2 most of the time

A super ride from Davey Russell yet again......I think the removal of Cooper's retainer is Gigginstown House Stud's way of admitting without admitting it, that they made a mistake. Not that Cooper not a good jockey but Davey Russell has forgotten more than he will ever learn.

I can see Cooper riding less and less and Davey being first choice/First Jockey over anyone else....Ruby Barry and Davey are still the best around and Giggi can't have the first 2 most of the time

Cooper must keep the ride on Apples Jade tho

It won't be carrying my cash with Russell on board, He's a good hold up jockey but **** on front runners, no clock in his head whatsoever

Don't like the sound of that popping out like that. Should it could continue to be a problem t could end his riding days...hopefully not

This should come as a surprise to no one. Too many nights on the **** in Camden St in Dublin. I've met him in the jacks of Ryans more than the usual black lad drying your hands.

They normally just hand me a paper towel. How do you qualify for the full service?

Sounds like Bryan Cooper will be in the UK a bit more this winter. I wonder who the 'owners and trainers' are?

attachment.php

Attachments

• BC.jpg
    BC.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 60
Irish Independent had a story yesterday that Tom Cooper breaks and pretrains for Andrew Brooks .
A nice connection to have and hope it is to Bryan's advantage; his ride on Crocodile Dundee at Listowel Monday was one of the rides of the week.

Jimmy Fortune has retired after a stellar career.
I remember him apprenticed to Mick o'Neill and winning an Ayr Gold Cup on Joveworth at 50/1 or so.
Onto to Cumani, David Barron, Ramsden's , Chaple hyam, j Gosden and Andrew Balding he was once described by John Gosden as the strongest jockey he had witnessed since Laffit Pincay, some praise.
Wishing him all the best.

I'm a huge fan of Davy's but this month he's had a poor start to say the least

17 rides 11 of them started favourites. He managed to win on only 4 @ 4/7, 2/13, 1/5 and 2/7

It seems if he or Ruby put the leg up on anything the word FAV comes with it.

Footnaote: Kaine Wood (5) Gave Newstart and good ride today then IMO blotted his copybook on "It's Pandorama" . Very aggressive never travelling, beaten at halfway..lost count of how many times he hit the horse...way too keen..lucky if he wasn't pulled

Jimmy Fortune has retired after a stellar career.
I remember him apprenticed to Mick o'Neill and winning an Ayr Gold Cup on Joveworth at 50/1 or so.
Onto to Cumani, David Barron, Ramsden's , Chaple hyam, j Gosden and Andrew Balding he was once described by John Gosden as the strongest jockey he had witnessed since Laffit Pincay, some praise.
Wishing him all the best.

Not a surprise there were clearly still significant issues with his back and he did not ride horses he had been booked to ride at Chelmsford and Haydock recently . A very good jockey who of course AOB turned to to ride Rip Van Winkle in the Eclipse - whether they were so keen on his honesty when on the day Sea the Stars retired he was interviewed and said Sea the Stars had been toying with RVW in the Eclipse is another matter .

Back