Jockey News

Interested to watch Cieren Fallon today in the first at York (he replaced Tudhope on My Lord and Master). Missed the break but didn't panic, one smack then hands and heels to finish a good second. I was quite impressed given his inexperience. He really got the horse to run. Apparently looks after the horse at home.

Two rides over hurdles. At this rate his price of 5/4 for the Irish jockeys title is a nonsense. The obvious alternative is Paul Townend, but the worry is that Ruby will take enough plum rides to mess him up.

Two rides over hurdles. At this rate his price of 5/4 for the Irish jockeys title is a nonsense. The obvious alternative is Paul Townend, but the worry is that Ruby will take enough plum rides to mess him up.

Davy maybe but plenty of his rides will be shuffled around too.

Adam Nicol has broken his leg; just when he has the wonderful Lady Buttons to ride and stable are doing so well. Speedy recovery, Adam.

Adam Nicol has broken his leg; just when he has the wonderful Lady Buttons to ride and stable are doing so well. Speedy recovery, Adam.

That's a huge blow for him and them. Phil Kirby is one of the most astute trainers around imho. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

In early 2015 myself and one or two others were down at the Curragh to see our latest prodigy do some work on the all weather. We arrived as Roger Loughran was dismounting from Empire of Dirt and he cheerfully told us in reply to a question that the horse was in great form and would win its next race. I didn't pay any great attention, it seemed to me the horse had been hugely expensive, fragile and generally disappointing. A couple of weeks later Empire Of Dirt won the Nas Na Riogh Chase after "a fine display of galloping and jumping" and I wished I'd taken Roger Loughran's opinion more seriously. I hope he does very well in his new career.

Roger was a good work rider by all accounts. His greatest day was probably on Far From Trouble in the Galway Plate standing in for the injured McCoy.

Roger Loughran retired from the saddle today

Renowned for his one liners, the one after Dunguib won the Champion Bumper in 2009 stands out! "If Brian O'Connell had hit him one in the straight he'd have killed the chef in the Hunters Lodge!" :lol:

Back