Kauto Star Or Denman

Kauto or Debman

• Total voters
Originally posted by Galileo@Mar 13 2008, 06:57 PM
Ladbrokes go:

Kauto Star: 5/4
Denman 2/1
Exotic Dancer: 10/1

They are the longest on the top two and the shortest on Exotic Dancer.
Corals go 11/10 each of 2 and 12/1 bar.

I'm sure there must be an angle in the w/o market, I'm just yet to find it!

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Mar 13 2008, 10:20 PM
She said it right again (Cow-Toe) and then corrected herself to say Kaw-Toe! The fool!

Ricko: http://talkinghorses.co.uk/forum/index.php...opic=18048&st=0
Thanks for that mate. I have concluded that Clive Smith hasn't got a clue how it's supposed to be pronounced.

I distictly remember him quoted in the racing post when Kauto first came on the scene that it was to be pronounced Koe-tow. I have since heard him change to Kay-tow, then to Kow-tow...and then this piece from the telegraph on Sunday:

As the questions fly; Findlay does his best to answer for both owners. He bursts into a vehement ad lib about Kauto's frailties and Denman's arsenal, while his rival smiles like a seasoned politician.

Smith, when finally summoned to talk, politely informs Findlay that the horse's name is pronounced 'Koe-tow' rather than 'Kay-to', without overstressing the relevance of this. Findlay apologises, before immediately repeating his mistake; by the end of his performance he has pronounced the horse's name in at least four different ways.

Originally posted by Ricko+Mar 13 2008, 10:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ricko @ Mar 13 2008, 10:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gareth Flynn@Mar 13 2008, 09:39 PM
Congratulations to Anna Botting on Sky News for being the only person to pronounce Kauto's name right on TV all year.
Didn't they say originally it was actually pronounced KOTO STAR, yet even connections now seen to call him CAUGHTO?

GF: " They should have asked the Norwegians ;-) " [/b][/quote]
They did, and the correct pronounciation is somewhere between KOTO and CAUGHTO - or even KURTO - it's a Scandinavian dipthong!

But it is NOT *KAYTO* :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Warbler, NO. It's the Gareths of this world that make this forum (for me anyway) so fascinating, it may only have taken minutes to find but the fact he went to the trouble at all speaks volumes. Gareth stay in. :clap:

I think Kauto will win but not with the conviction to back it with cash - have played in the without market on Iron Man at 200/1 & Celectial Gold 40/1, looking at a couple that won't necessarily be involved in taking the big 2/3 on for the win and coming through for 3rd/4th/5th...

As just mentioned on RUK, look at the tips column on the RP card:

Kauto 12
Exotic Dancer 2
Halcon G 1

No tips for Denman?!?

Has the Ryanair caused that much re-assessment? Or did Master Minded refresh the memory of just what Kauto is capable of?

I think the Old Vic - Mossbank - The Listener - form link has swayed a lot of people, me included really. For value i`ve had to go with Exotic Dancer and traded out most of my Denman position.

Only bet I've had in the race is Exotic Dancer to place. Don't know why, but I just don't think both the main protaganists will place.

He won GC last year, but I'm not convinced Kauto Star and 24.5f around Cheltenham go together

I rated his Hennnesey 182, but i'm still not convinced Denman has the ability to beat his stable mate or Exotic Dancer

He was underestimated in BF Chase, he's being underestimated here, but i'm not convinced Exotic Dancer will be in the tip top shape he needs to be for this encounter

Sit and enjoy i think

Yeah, I had a whole £5 e/w on Exotic Dancer @ 14s during the week, but otherwise, whilst I think Kauto will win, it's one to enjoy for me too.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Mar 14 2008, 02:12 PM
He is the value of the race that`s for sure.
He would be and could be Euro, but as i think we saw with Sublimity, the less than ideal preparation can cost you dearly

True, but i think it was the ground with Sublimity. I got 17s on Tuesday and i have a sneaky feeling he`ll go close - just like he did at Haydock.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Mar 14 2008, 02:26 PM
True, but i think it was the ground with Sublimity. I got 17s on Tuesday and i have a sneaky feeling he`ll go close - just like he did at Haydock.
Sublimity has loads of Soft ground form though Euro.

Just my opinion, but I think had Sublimity had run say 3/4 weeks before CH, he would have been in frame or maybe even won it , but enough on that

If Jonjo has Exotic Dancer in BF Chase shape, he's certainly no, 9,10, 11 12 poke that is for sure

All the best to all

I'm so looking forward to this, I really really hope they both jump around and we get the clash everyone is anticipating. I just have a feeling we might be robbed of it with one of them falling, but I really hope not. Even though I'm on Denman heavy, I really won't mind at all if he's beaten fair and square by Kauto.

Back