Kauto Star Or Denman

Kauto or Debman

• Total voters
Does anyone know which bookies are offering odds on either Kauto or Denman falling? A guy I know on another forum is laughably suggesting he has been laid 33/1 for EITHER of them to fall. I'm trying to tell him he hasn't, but he's quite adamant :suspect:

Landspeed records were under threat for me to be able to get in front of this TV! Come on Kauto.

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Mar 14 2008, 03:46 PM

I think the form will stand up as I always felt that NC was capable of a 170+ performance.

Oh aye his official rating is 172 and he`s got bags of scope. If he ran to 175 there that must put Denman on 190 or thereabouts.

"Only" somewhere in the mid 180s for me.

Ha, only!

God we're spoiled.

SteveM was 100% spot on. Well done, Sir.

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Mar 14 2008, 03:46 PM
I backed the NC - KS reverse forecast.
I backed the KS - NC straight forecast. Denman was better than I thought.

I see the excuses are coming. Absolute tosh, he had to use his speed to get past NC and did easily - take Denman out of the race and KS would have used said speed later in the contest and won handily with ED well back.

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Mar 14 2008, 03:50 PM
I think Kauto was a bit below par, Gareth. Not much, but a bit.
I agree - not much, but enough.

The time will tell all for me - if its a slow time, Denman got the run of the race alright - superb ride by Thomas, not so sure if you could say the same for Ruby. He wasn't helped by some scratchy jumping though which lost him momentum as he was trying to close at the top of the hill.

Bung them both in the Henessey next year, no need to worry about weights as nothing else will bother to turn up.

Back