Ladbrokes World Hurdle - Build Up

• Thread starter Thread starter Bruce_Savage
  • Start date Start date
When runs like this come to an end, they often do so in spectacular fashion. I think he could be beaten by the girl.

Big Buck's will not lose. He isn't my kind of bet but I backed Grands Crus without the fav last year and I've backed Oscar Whisky at 9/4 w/o BB this time round with equal confidence.

Nothing else is worth considering.

So Young is still very unexposed, has been campaigned quietly with what in hindsight could prove with one day in mind, and all his form is stacking up nicely (Rock On Ruby, First Lieutenant, to a lesser extent Trifolium).

He's the EW bet for me.

Big Buck's will not lose. He isn't my kind of bet but I backed Grands Crus without the fav last year and I've backed Oscar Whisky at 9/4 w/o BB this time round with equal confidence.

Nothing else is worth considering.

Of course other things are worth considering.

Paddy Power giving you your win stake back if your horse finishes second to Big Bucks means Oscar Whiskey each way becomes an even better bet.

I've back him each way at 9/2, w/o Big Bucks at 9/4 and am quietly confident he will win and win well.

I've backed Thousand Stars outright and without BB. There's no aay he shoukd be twice the price of Oscar Whisky. It's an insult to one of the most under-rated horses in training.

I'd have preferred if Townend was onboard him Hezz

Yeah, completely agree Granger. It's unfortunate, but i've been so sweet on his chances, if i desert him now because of jockey bookings and he does what I think he will, i'll be a sick puppy!

Paddy Power giving you your win stake back if your horse finishes second to Big Bucks means Oscar Whiskey each way becomes an even better bet.
That couldn't be a consideration for me because I could never trust PP to pay me.

That couldn't be a consideration for me because I could never trust PP to pay me.

A touch paranoid Desert Orchid-if you stitck to their terms and conditions Powers pay out no problem.Powers are a billion euro company -they don't pull strokes.
I collected over €900 in refunds on the Arkle yesterday and I believe they refunded losing singles on Sizing Europe yesterday.

They have the worst customer service in my experience and refused to pay me on a winning bet. No 'palpable error', no 'technical error', just 'the bet doesn't exist - it was in my account statement - and we're not paying you'. When I asked them if they were accusing me of lying, their rep said "Yes."

I can't imagine I'm the only one they've done that to.

They have the worst customer service in my experience and refused to pay me on a winning bet. No 'palpable error', no 'technical error', just 'the bet doesn't exist - it was in my account statement - and we're not paying you'. When I asked them if they were accusing me of lying, their rep said "Yes."

I can't imagine I'm the only one they've done that to.

What was the bet.

A touch paranoid Desert Orchid-if you stitck to their terms and conditions Powers pay out no problem.Powers are a billion euro company -they don't pull strokes.
I collected over €900 in refunds on the Arkle yesterday and I believe they refunded losing singles on Sizing Europe yesterday.

No refund on losing singles on Sizing Europe with PP yesterday...

My strategy is to back So Young to win and place and lay him in running at a third of backed odds - I'm hoping he'll be travelling like a dream until they meet the hill and questions are answered.

I backed Big Buck's ages ago when he was 11/10. I'm getting worried now though, everything of Nicholls' since Rock On Ruby has run like it's got three legs.

Back