Leopardstown Feb 9

Don Cossack is a beast. 2m5f should be spot on for him at this stage.
Really think CF will be re targeted at the Arkle after Sunday.

If they don't 13/2 about Red Sherlock might start looking tempting, the race lacks depth beyond the front two.

Anyone know anything about the Gigi horse running in the Juvenile Hurdle on Sunday? Tiger Roll.

Won a Juvenile Hurdle at Market Rasen in November for Trainer Nigel Hawke.
Gigi obviously bought horse after that. Was it an Expensive purchase does anyone know? Now with Gordon Elliot.

Anyone know anything about the Gigi horse running in the Juvenile Hurdle on Sunday? Tiger Roll.

Won a Juvenile Hurdle at Market Rasen in November for Trainer Nigel Hawke.
Gigi obviously bought horse after that. Was it an Expensive purchase does anyone know? Now with Gordon Elliot.

They paid £80,000 for him

I really shouldn't, but I am going to fu*cking pile into Vautour at that price. TTT is a staying-chaser in the making, and admirable as he is, I have to oppose even over 2m2f. He has to prove vulnerable at some point.

Bit of a different betting proposition now Grasshopper.

The Tullow Tank 11/10 & Vatour 13/8

6 runners in the Spring 4yo hurdle

Guitar Pete
Henry Higgins
Ivan Grozny
Orgligo Bay
Plinth
Tiger Roll

I'd love to hear Bryan Cooper's thoughts on the Juvenile Hurdle division.
Having Ridden Guitar Pete 5 times already (once in Cheltenham in a Grade 2 against RIH and other British Triumph contenders) he must have the clearest picture of that division.

I presume he had no choice but to get off GP to ride the Gigi horse Tiger Roll. Interesting to hear before the race on Sunday if he admits he thinks GP is better than TR. Maybe the boys on 'Get in' on ATR tonight could get him on the phone... Certainly after the race Sunday Cooper would be the man to talk to regarding the likely Triumph winner!

Champagne out of PJ chase, looks like a three way coin toss the race now, I would slightly side with Don Cossack as the other two are probably more 3 milers.

Guitar Pete at 6's has to be a value bet as the others are all hype so far.

Fancy TT to outbattle Vautour. Quickpick Vic and King of the Picts will ensure a good gallop and over this 2 and 2F, I think it will play into the hands of TT more who will be staying on at the finish.

They paid £80,000 for him

Cheers swedish Chef. Tiger Roll is not the usual Gigi M.O. Do you know when they purchased the horse? Trying to find out with Google search but can get nothing. I'm curious to know did they buy it before or after the injury to Analifet. Did they just buy TR as an afterthought because they badly wanted a representative in the Triumph or is this a possible Dark Horse?

I watched the video replay of his only run/win. Hard to tell. Doesn't appear he beat much! Now with Gordon Elliot though, who LOVES a big price surprise winner!

This LORD WINDERMERE seems a forgotten horse 12/1 looks a meaty price for an RSA winner when you compare 5/1 about the talking horse LYREEN LEGEND who he beat in the RSA lets not forget.

My reasoning is that in the lexus he was always at the back and had to go round the houses all the way round and when the sprint for home came his running was done with him travelling the longer distance, I envisage a much better showing this time and I do think he looks good value.

Last year's staying novices were shite. First Loot and Tidal Bay could pick this lot up and carry them.

Quite why Roi Du Mee is such a big outer, is a bit surprising to me. I'd have him a lot closer to LW - Lyreen Legend is far too short.

Last edited:
What google translate makes of it in Spanish:

El ir a conocer a un publicano de Mallow para unos pocos bebidas en las potrancas.

In French:

Aller à la rencontre d'un publicain de Mallow pour quelques boissons dans les pouliches.

Dutch:

Ga een tollenaar van Mallow ontmoeten voor een paar drankje in de merrieveulens.

But, like most things, it sounds best in Italian:

Andare a incontrare un pubblicano da Mallow per un paio di drink in puledre.

Back