Miling Division 2010

I was never convinced by that race at Deauville and the rating given for it but then I wasn't Aqlaam's biggest fan and the Group 1 he won prior to that (or after, can't be bothered to check) was terrible.

I am however a big fan of Goldikova - Does anyone know what weights would be carried if they met in the Jacques Le Marois?

CC's ratings before today are all - on my figures - low-mid 120s. He probably hit 127 or so today. He'll have to give Goldikova the mares' allowance, so he'll need to be a mid 130s horse if she turns up at her best.

I woudn't back against her.

Just got back from the track, a fantastic day to go racing and I thought Canford was awfully impressive, you really had to be there to see how comfortably he actually did it.

I still don't think he'd beat Goldikova though, he's very very good but the French filly is a freak.

Was he balls injured. Th Hannon's can never just hold their hands up and admit they've been beaten by a better horse.

Not at all - they took it on the chin at the time and then roughed Paco Boy off as he was not right .

The fact is he wasn't' right that day and his brilliant performances this year show in my opinion show this .

I hope Goldikova comes over to take on CC in the QEII - as Paco is frankly unbeatable over 7f .

AOB spent the whole of last year failing to admit all his stars had been better by a better horse ! STS

Last edited:
CC's ratings before today are all - on my figures - low-mid 120s. He probably hit 127 or so today. He'll have to give Goldikova the mares' allowance, so he'll need to be a mid 130s horse if she turns up at her best.

I woudn't back against her.

you are ignoring the Dream Eater form line..she has plenty to find.

why would the mares allowance mean CC has to be even higher?..she has already shown through DE that she is behind CC..and we haven't seen CC really pushed hard yet

RVW is a tough horse to pass..CC gave him a 4 length lead going into the last furlong and ran him down..i doubt even Goldikova could do that..in fact I think only STS would be capable of doing that.

you are ignoring the Dream Eater form line..she has plenty to find.

Yes, I am ignoring that line because I think it is meaningless. It's a bit like saying roberto was better than Brigadier Gerard on the basis of that one race.

The Goldikova we saw at Ascot was off form.

CC did not give anyone 4 lengths start.

i said lead

how many horses in training would have pulled it back?

if it had been STS in front and an AOB horse had run him down I wonder what words I would be reading on this thread :whistle:

CC must be the most knocked horse on here by the AOB wallers:)

Each time he runs..its a shit run..2nd horse not fit..he's only a mid to low 120's horse..he'll never be a 130 horse

bloody bias is unreal :o

i wish you would just treat each horse as just that...rather than which bloody stable they come from..i'm sure AOB doesn't give a fig about folk he don't know but who who seem to care so very much about him.

Yes I have really battered Harbinger and indeed STS last year....

i said lead

how many horses in training would have pulled it back?

if it had been STS in front and an AOB horse had run him down I wonder what words I would be reading on this thread :whistle:

CC must be the most knocked horse on here by the AOB wallers:)

Each time he runs..its a shit run..2nd horse not fit..he's only a mid to low 120's horse..he'll never be a 130 horse

bloody bias is unreal :o

i wish you would just treat each horse as just that...rather than which bloody stable they come from..i'm sure AOB doesn't give a fig about folk he don't know but who who seem to care so very much about him.

Yes, I am ignoring that line because I think it is meaningless. It's a bit like saying roberto was better than Brigadier Gerard on the basis of that one race.

The Goldikova we saw at Ascot was off form.

Dream Eater is a bloody good marker horse..a damn sight better than some i've seen used to rate races

then again..folk like to use staggering, tired horses as markers when it suits :D

Last edited:
Agree entirely with DO. Goldikova's performance at Ascot was nowhere near the upper echelons of her lofty ability.

Paco Boy will never get that close to her again.

Yes I have really battered Harbinger and indeed STS last year....

Thats about the only two outside AOB's hut you have been gushing about. 2 out of 10,000..not bad :D

I'd love someone who has never read the board to give an independent view on whether there is an AOB bias here or not :whistle:

Agree entirely with DO. Goldikova's performance at Ascot was nowhere near the upper echelons of her lofty ability.

Paco Boy will never get that close to her again.

the day someone agrees with me on here i'll be amazed lol

how do you know PB will never get near her again..any evidence?

sweeping statements from the right ..from the left lol

have you ever considered that if G met CC she might put in a similar performance to Ascot?

its a good job Hannon don't train her ..otherwise she would just be a low 120's horse on the forum :lol:

Goldikova really really comes to herself from August onwards. I also think Paco was hugely flattered at Ascot by the way the race was run with Peslier kicking on so far out.

Can see your point Ardross over 7f, it'd be the only chance Paco would get and the Foret is the only opportunity for that.

Goldikova really really comes to herself from August onwards. I also think Paco was hugely flattered at Ascot by the way the race was run with Peslier kicking on so far out.

Can see your point Ardross over 7f, it'd be the only chance Paco would get and the Foret is the only opportunity for that.

She has won 33% of her G1's before August though

since winning her first G1 she has lost one race before August and one after..which doesn't lean her in the direction of being better later on..she races more later on thats all.

Her best performances are always later on though in fairness.

I think Richard Hannon is one of the top five trainers in the UK for what it's worth, I just think in Goldikova you have a world superstar who simply is near on impossible to beat over a mile when she's at her peak on decent ground.

Agree with Irish Stamp about the campaign too, don't know why on earth the Hannon's are so against the Breeders Cup.

Did I pick Hannon up wrong - I thought he said if he could get a stud career sorted now that ensured CC would stay on in training at 4 that he would like to put him away now and come back next season?

Back