Miling Division 2010

Fame and Glory runs in the Royal Whip, as a prep race for the Irish Champion. Rip Van Winkle may well return to 10 furlongs for the Juddmonte but he will not take on F&G in the Irish Champion if the Montjeu colt lines up.

There is nothing to stop Rip Van Winkle taking in a 10 furlong race and reverting to a mile as he did successfully last year. If Rip Van Winkle did not take in the Irish Champion then the only real alternative is the QEII.

I don't think there's much of a chance Rip will go for the QE II, especially if Canford runs (as he surely will due to his love of the course)... we'll see though.

Not sure about that - I'd say it's a near certainty he'll run in the QE2 - there's nothing else for him around that time, at either a mile or 10 furlongs.

Strange they are talking about stepping him up (or is that just us?!) when Murtagh was absolutely adamant he was a miler and doesn't stay 10 furlongs. Seemed to stay it well enough in the Eclipse but...

Goldikova in France is simply a machine, today she posted another 130+ performance,
she is the best mare I have seen , better than Bosra Sham and Miesque.

"I thought she was looking very beautiful today." Freddie Head after the mare's victory - what a lovely (very French!) comment.

Music Show running 120 and Goldikova having more than 5lenghts beating, she was 5lenghts in front 50 yds to go preacking her ears.

Music Show running 120 and Goldikova having more than 5lenghts beating, she was 5lenghts in front 50 yds to go preacking her ears.

Music Show is 110 horse..has been for a while..maybe 112/3 after last win

Elusive Wave isn't that reliable and is probably a 112 horse at the moment

I think each time Goldikova runs the fan club adds about 8lb to the rating.:)

In fact if G had beaten RVW tother day I bet she would have been a 130+ horse there as well..whereas when CC wins he gets very conservatively rated

I do hope they meet..CC should be about 7/2 with G long odds on..yum yum:)

Last edited:
I just love how she visually appears to quicken a number of times to win her races. She did it in the Breeders Cup to close down the leaders from the bad position and then to go clear of them. Again today, kicks clear of the leaders but looks to be pushing on again in the last half furlong. Just an awesome mare with an awesome race record.

I know the 3yo fillies aren't the best this year but 110 rated animals do not win Group 1's. Music Show had excuses for her run at Ascot and ran well at Newmarket from a bad draw.

Goldikova in France is simply a machine, today she posted another 130+ performance,
she is the best mare I have seen , better than Bosra Sham and Miesque.

Agree - she is an absolute joy, and fair dues for keeping her in training this year and last.

Head has done very well to keep her enthused for so long.

It looked like some rain had got into the ground though and Music Show definitely prefers fast ground . Goldikova's performance was surely no better or worse than that at Ascot I reckon .

Enormously impressive as Goldikova's G1 record is there are no fewer than four fillies only g1 races . In Dahlia's record there was only 1 the Irish Oaks .

As for best mare - well mare maybe though I retain my preference for Dahlia probably because I saw her in my first year of interest in racing as an 8 year old running off with the Benson and Hedges Gold Cup - but filly ? Zarkava twice beat Goldi comprehensively.

I know the 3yo fillies aren't the best this year but 110 rated animals do not win Group 1's. Music Show had excuses for her run at Ascot and ran well at Newmarket from a bad draw.

She isn't a 120 though..the falmouth is usually a G1 in name only..MS is a better horse than Lilly Langtry?..not sure about that one

fillies G1's aren't known for being that strong..away from the really big ones..what OHR does an average 1000 Guineas winner get for example?..giving a horse a 120 for winning a Falmouth against other 112 horses is pushing the envelope

Golidikova was nowhere near the horse against Zarkava as she is now. The horses in behind her in those races, 1 of which she didn't stay, show that conclusively. This has been discussed many times before.

Finsceal Beo was only OHR rated 120..i think she was a little better than MS :)

Ghanaati was only OHR rated 114 after her guineas win then moved up to 119 after another run..MS better than her as well?

120 for MS isn't even viable really is it to be fair?

this is becoming surrealist

Finsceal 120
Music Show 110
Goldikova 120s
Elusive Wave 112

winners of gr1 in 110s

Goldikova beaten by Zarkava, suggesting the same Goldikova is this one to the one of the begining 3yo

sometimes I wonder why I reply to this kind of jokes.

Golidikova was nowhere near the horse against Zarkava as she is now. The horses in behind her in those races, 1 of which she didn't stay, show that conclusively. This has been discussed many times before.

Was Zarkava anything near the horse she became later in the season or might have become now .

Ballymoss was awesome over 12f in 1958 yet Crepello was too good for him in 1957 . It is dangerous to assume that a horse that stays in training at Group1 level would improve past his or her conquerors at G1 when they were 3 when the conqueror is retired to stud.

Was Zarkava anything near the horse she became later in the season or might have become now .

What does might have got to do with it though? Zarkava didn't stay in training, and Goldikova has since progressed past her, hence has proven herself to be the better horse, not to forget the more durable, and has won in England and America.

Back