Novice Chasers 2010/11

Dont see Celestial Halo as a top notcher over 2miles over hurdles or fences. This horse needs 2m4 or even 3m, even than he might still not be good enough. He has never striked me as top top class, if he wasnt trained by Pumpkin head, he wouldnt have had half the hype he has had. He is definitely too slow for the Arkle.

Agree.

The preview has been moved to the previous Thursday, not cancelled.

Sorry to hijack the thread but Peter Mcneil has now authorised the Festival Preview to be held on the same day as last year i.e the SUNDAY before the Festival so the CTCRC can now begin arranging the panellists.

I was very taken by Berties Dream at Galway today. Travelled quite well, jumped well and possibly just blew up after the last. We know from Cheltenham last year that it's hardly a stamina issue. One to watch, definitely...

I was very taken by Berties Dream at Galway today. Travelled quite well, jumped well and possibly just blew up after the last. We know from Cheltenham last year that it's hardly a stamina issue. One to watch, definitely...

It was quite a hot race i thought. The winner is a nice prospect too.

There are some very decent horses in the two mile beginner's chase at Punchestown today. Saludos, Healey's Bar and Noble Prince all had good hurdle form last season.

Was taken by Corksaleigh Royale in the same race, got outpaced down teh back straight than plugging on to be 2nd. That race had to be the best novice chase ran this year so far. Dont think any of the front 4 ran a bad race there.

Looking forward to noble prince, always thought he had a chance to land a big one over hurdles last year which he never managed.

What you mean was you were "taken in" by Corskeagh Royale. It's nothing to be ashamed of, most people have been at some point or other.

The jockeys are having a good chat after the line at Punchestown. I'd imagine they are saying that Noble Prince is very smart indeed.

I've a bit of a blind spot for Meade horses that run well at this time of year etc and then let you down but..

I thought TheGreatJohnBrowne looked decent today....

I see Time For Rupert set to make his chasing bow either at Bangor on Wednesday or Cheltenham on Friday. Hope all goes well for him. Nice horse.

Oh, shoot. I love TIME FOR RUPERT, so I'll be holding my breath for him. He is a nice horse, seems bonny and sincere, so I hope he finds he likes the big stuff. If not, I hope he's reverted to hurdling.

Think Ninetieth Minute is pretty interesting in the next at Navan - appears to be lots of confidence behind the Harrington horse (stable in great form) but think he will run well today and is definitely a nice prospect for these larger obstacles.

Back