Novice Chasers 2010/11

Yes, some of us are very excited about Rupert's chasing debut. Great line-up. I suppose Reve has the form to take it, but I'm hoping Rupert wins, followed in by THE GIANT BOLSTER, whose name I adore. Yes, it's that facile!

Good luck to those involved in Reve de Sivola. Is he the one to be with tomorrow? This trip on sharp side for Time For Rupert and just couldn't have a Jonjo novice on side on his first start over fences.

Sorry, my post was ambiguous. The trainer was my reason for being against Quantitiveeasing (who I now realise is trained by Henderson)!

Good luck to those involved in Reve de Sivola. Is he the one to be with tomorrow? This trip on sharp side for Time For Rupert and just couldn't have a Jonjo novice on side on his first start over fences.

Bloody good question! We were hoping the race wouldn't be quite so hot and I'll only be having a small bet.

Thanks Galileo/Gearoid. Just looked at Webber's stats with chase debutantes on Raceform INteractive. One winner from 42 runners since 1 Jan 2006 and that was in a 0-95 novices' handicap at Sedgefield.

Sorry, my post was ambiguous. The trainer was my reason for being against Quantitiveeasing (who I now realise is trained by Henderson)!

You spend FAR too much time watching that Flat shite, DJ. The evidence that it is addling your noddle is, frankly, overwhelming.

Doctor Grass recommends a strict diet of Hexham staying hurdles, and claiming chases from Wexford for the next 6 months.

PS. Good luck Mounty.

Last edited:
Thanks Galileo/Gearoid. Just looked at Webber's stats with chase debutantes on Raceform INteractive. One winner from 42 runners since 1 Jan 2006 and that was in a 0-95 novices' handicap at Sedgefield.

Good luck, Mounty. The trip also looks on the short side for Rupert.

Reve De Sivola hit three out that seemed to took him out of his rythm. Hopefully he can make amends in an easier race.

Winner looks very promising.

Last edited:
RUPERT was a total professional throughout, even if Webber thought he 'launched himself a bit' at the open ditch. Listened to his jockey throughout, neat, tidy, no histrionics. He adores Cheltenham all right! Loved him over hurdles and I'll love him over fences, even if that means watching from behind the sofa. Hope to God THE GIANT BOLSTER is all right - Lydia Hislop mentioned he'd got up 'rather feelingly' which could mean anything, and there's nothing useful on the RP or David Bridgwater's website.

Too wretched that MR THRILLER knuckled on landing when contending so well, and having run such a very good race - at least he looked none the worse when galloping off after the leaders. Fabulous race.

Last edited:
Reve De Sivola hit three out that seemed to took him out of his rythm. Hopefully he can make amends in an easier race.

He was travelling well and jumped ok until then but he's the sort of animal I'd only back at a big price because of his error prone ways.

Loosen My Load really is some jumper to watch...not sure he has the engine to beat the very best but would love to see him take in the November Cheltenham meeting next.

Super jumper but not up to it today - looks one to step up in trip with but limitations well exposed today.

RUPERT was a total professional throughout, even if Webber thought he 'launched himself a bit' at the open ditch. Listened to his jockey throughout, neat, tidy, no histrionics. He adores Cheltenham all right! Loved him over hurdles and I'll love him over fences, even if that means watching from behind the sofa.QUOTE]

He's filled out a bit since last season and didn't look hard fit yet, so hopefully more to come.

Love him.

Back