Novice Chasers 2011-12

Tizzard said Cue Card had been earmarked for this and he’s been schooled since his last run. He puts Cheltenham down to experience.

Cue Card has to give Bob’s Worth 7lb, but I’ve not given up on him yet.

Tizzard said Cue Card had been earmarked for this and he’s been schooled since his last run. He puts Cheltenham down to experience.

Not at you, but 'earmarked'? that sums up Colin Tizzrard. He is to long term planning with the Tories are to creating growth. Of course he can win, but to suggest he is earmarked for this race is nonsense.

Spirit River and saver on Bob's Worth for me.

11/2 gives plenty of wiggle room for hope his jumping has improved.

You are talking about backing a horse who is 2/1 for 1/5 out of his last 5 races and appears tripless already?

Who says u have to back either of them?

If Colin Tizzard can be taken at his word that they are not going to try and break his jaw this time and let him bowl along in front then I think the 9/4 tomorrow is fair enough against BW who will probably need further, Spirit River who has question marks over his jumping and the other yoke Mad Moose. One last chance for CC.... maybe.

Agree with OTB surely this distance will be too short for BW. Think the change in tactics for CC may be the making of him he has always looked to me to be a horse that could get into the kind of rhythm out front at speed which will take other horses out of their comfort zone.

Bobsworth had perfectly decent form at as short as 2m as a novice hurdler last season. I wouldn't be fielding against him on trip grounds.

Bobsworth had perfectly decent form at as short as 2m as a novice hurdler last season. I wouldn't be fielding against him on trip grounds.

Quite - when he stepped up to 2½m on New Year's Day, most questioned the horse's ability to stay that trip. Now that he's shown the flexibility to win between 2m-3m he's suddenly a plodder in the eyes of many (see Bankers or Blowouts in the RP for example). Is Cue Card actually the type of horse to get others off the bridle? That's the kind of thing powerful front-runners do, not flashy travellers like him.

I wouldn't like to be depending on that race to pay for the Christmas presents.

You are right - CC is best priced 2/1 now, BW 1/1 first time over fences in a decent race and SR is no slouch if he gets his jumping together - it's a no bet race now although I would like to see them give CC his head and see how he gets on.

Not at you, but 'earmarked'? that sums up Colin Tizzrard. He is to long term planning with the Tories are to creating growth. Of course he can win, but to suggest he is earmarked for this race is nonsense.

Spirit River and saver on Bob's Worth for me.

...I think he just meant that he liked the idea of going to Newbury.

He's got lots of experience though, he's just never going to be any good.

...You may be right, but I haven't given up on him yet. I don't see why he shouldn't be okay. He was travelling well at Cheltenham before blundering after a mistake at the one before and won very easily at Chepstow. Let's not forget what a good Bumper winner he was when demolishing Al Ferof (despite not matching that one a year later in the Supreme).

Last edited:
I don't understand why some people are so negative about the horse. He' has two chase starts, one an impressive victory over a horse than won easily next time out and then fell on his next start. I do understand people's reservations about the trainer though, although its the jockey that worries me more!

The key consideration today is will Bob's worth translate his hurdles form to fences, if he does Cue Card will have a hard time giving him 7lbs.

It's a no bet race for me but I would not be surprised if we saw a top class performance from Cue Card.

Back