Novice Chasers 2011-12

In a hot year he wont win, but Tidal Bay like a fast pace over 2 miles might be the making of him. The jock and the horse had too much time to think approaching the fences today - plus he might be better held up as well.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding everyone today, but how can it be inconclusive. Cue Card was all over the moral winner anyway and with conceding the 7lb a clear winner.

I used the word inconclusive to appease the Tizzard bashing groupies. Cue Card the horse to take out of the race for me. Looking on here straight after the race (without seeing it) I was under the impression he was well held.

for all the excuses u can make for cue card jockey error etc he had the race run to suit and match fitness whilst the winner clearly needed a stiffer test at this trip.
personally dont think the jockey was at fault here the horse had nothing to give at the end

anyone with ante post tickets for the arkle may as well tear them up

cue card was the moral winner?? eh? I thought it was about crossing the line first? Cue Card was beaten by a better horse having his first run over fences. This was Cue Cards 3rd race. Do i think Bobsworth is a better horse than Cue Card? HELL YEH!

Lads, one thing to remember - we all knew Joe Tizzard was going to be on the horse beforehand, and we all know how good or bad he is - hence, any bet on Cue Card and complaining about Tizzard is a little pointless. I do have sympathy, but I would very, very rarely back a horse ridden by him ( & Tom S, Grand Crus an exception at Cheltenham) as I know what they are, and I will only end up driving myself mad(der).

I was praising Geraghty rather than criticising Tizzard. Although I agree with those who say Joe had no business standing up on the horse and looking round... more than once. If he had kicked on rather than posing at that moment he would have won comfortably.

Last edited:
for all the excuses u can make for cue card jockey error etc he had the race run to suit and match fitness whilst the winner clearly needed a stiffer test at this trip.
personally dont think the jockey was at fault here the horse had nothing to give at the end

anyone with ante post tickets for the arkle may as well tear them up

There is no doubt Cue Card should have won and off level weights, even with the ride he had, he would have.

It's just silly to denigrate Cue Card and praise Bob's Worth. They are both fine horses. Of course Cue Card has a good chance in the Arkle, if that is the race he lines up in.

Last edited:
yes - there is doubt. Bob was hampered by Tizzard. But the horse recovered well and Barry was patient with him. Same race again off level weights - still think Bob would win. Barry has done enough to win the race without giving the horse a hard time. A lovely introduction.

...I wouldn't be so sure, the winner has had a hard race with Geraghty throwing the kitchen sink at him to keep up from a way out. The momentum he got out of his mount has caused him to win. Cue Card had the easier race.

Last edited:
I must be watching a different race. I dont think anyone throws the kitchen sink anymore! Looks like he'll head to Kempton next and take on Grand Crus - should be a nice race.

Good race. I thought Cue Card was going to win up the straight. I really like the winner.

Peddlers Cross back tomorrow.

Peddlers is something to look forward to

I do think that Bob's Worth could be a serious animal

I agree with both of these statements.

Today the jockeys between them made the difference though. When all's said and done about the weights, experience, etc, if the two riders had been switched to the other animal we would have had a different result... but hey that's racing.;)

What's everyones thoughts on Raptor?

I was taken by his win at Punchestown the other day, think he could fly under the radar a bit this year but may be the sort to be a Irish National horse in time which might rule him out the top class chasing routes.

What's everyones thoughts on Raptor?

I was taken by his win at Punchestown the other day, think he could fly under the radar a bit this year but may be the sort to be a Irish National horse in time which might rule him out the top class chasing routes.

My thoughts on Raptor are that he is clearly a better chaser than hurdler already. I fancied him big time in Wexford where clearly he wasn't off on his debut. Much better the last day and galloping track suited him better. One to keep on the right side of for sure.:ninja:

Back