Novice Chasers 2011-12

And if the race is run at a crawl?

Who is going to pile on the pace that Grand Crus almost certainly wants at this trip?

Decent effort, not getting too carried away with it myself as I'm not sure it was that good to get a quote of 6/1 for the Arkle.

Would rather go for something in the three mile or two and half range rather than an Arkle personally.

Nice to see another grey in those colours doing the business at Cheltenham, brings back some nice memories.

Considering how well Tatenen, Tataniano and Ghizao did in the Arkle I'd want at least 12s at this stage.

Tataniano never run in the arkle, I wasted my money going there to see him and he never turned up.

I'll never forget that day.

He wouldn't have won it anyway.

I beg to differ, I'd of said an easy 5 lengths and the ground wasn't even that bad either.

Really don't know why Paul Nicholls pulled him out at the last minute.

Now some of us were on at 14/1 big.

Last edited:
There is not one shred of evidence to back that up, unless we are to believe that Osana wasn't over the top in the Maghull. He was.

Tataniano is/was of similar merit to Forpadytheplasterer (last year's renewal of the race Gauvain won today a good example of this) so various form lines via Big Zeb suggest SE would have handed Tataniano his arse if he'd taken part in that Arkle.

Considering how well Tatenen, Tataniano and Ghizao did in the Arkle I'd want at least 12s at this stage.

Not one of them had hurdles form within a stone of Al Ferof. Not only that, but Al Ferof was carrying plenty of condition yesterday so is likely to be sharper again nto.

Al Ferof has huge potential.

Sprinter Sacre is the next one to look forward to - anyone know when he is out?

If you want to compare Al Ferof to a Nicholls Arkle horse, Noland is better having won his supreme in identical fashion. Better to judge him on his own merits though I think.

Sprinter Sacre is the next one to look forward to - anyone know when he is out?

I would guess he'll run in the same race Finian's Rainbow took in at the Hennessy meeting.

If you want to compare Al Ferof to a Nicholls Arkle horse, Noland is better having won his supreme in identical fashion. Better to judge him on his own merits though I think.

I'm not knocking the horse, but the bookies are over reacting in a big way. As usual.

Last edited:
Ante post betting is dead when you see how competitive bookmakers are in day of race markets at the moment

I've come round to that view myself. I enjoy Ante Post betting for the fun aspect, but the fun quickly goes when you see you can often nowadays get a bigger price on the day..

Ante post betting is dead when you see how competitive bookmakers are in day of race markets at the moment

I use ante-post betting to construct a portfolio to defend downside. This doesn’t stop me taking advantage of race day specials to tweak positions for enhanced upside though (money back on losing bets if the favourite obliges is usually too good to miss, although seldom offered). But you cannot be sure what the bookmakers will be offering come the day. While I can see what you’re saying ante post is far from dead as far as I’m concerned.

Back