Novice Chasers 2011-12

It's a no bet race for me but I would not be surprised if we saw a top class performance from Cue Card.

...me neither. But in fairness to the others his jumping is a bit ponderous and he can look a bit awkward (...not a natural anyway). Nevertheless he travels really impressively and could make them struggle today (as much as I admire BW's hurdling form).

...You may be right, but I haven't given up on him yet. I don't see why he shouldn't be okay. He was travelling well at Cheltenham before blundering after a mistake at the one before and won very easily at Chepstow. Let's not forget what a good Bumper winner he was when demolishing Al Ferof (despite not matching that one a year later in the Supreme).

I was talking about Joe, not Cue Card!

He was outstayed by a horse having his first run on an easier track than Cheltenham. With the Arkle looking a hot race I just can't see him competing with the big boys. Peddlers Cross would eat him alive up the Cheltenham hill - if Cue Card made it that far.

The weight diff should have been negated by the edge in fitness.

Last edited:
Didn't see the race, but a mate had laid CC for a sizeable chunk of his bank.....the text I got after the race said "Thank you Joe Tizzard!!".....which I've assumed refers to some jockey misdemeanour (or just plain uselessness).

Can anyone expand?

I didn't see the race. Any hope for Cue Card now?

Its actually amazing to watch again - Tizzard was waiting for Geraghty to pass him! CC had him on the stretch and if he had kicked on he could have won with a bit to spare. Bobs Worth really improved his jumping the further they went and is definitely a contender!

I don't think the jockey sets the horse right into his fences. If a rider can transmit nerves to his mount this would be the text book example.

Think Tizzard thought he had Bobsworth beaten after the 2nd last when he had a look round, then sat still on CC instead of pressing on, had another look round after the last and then Bobsworth had momentum when he finally went for him.

Only if they change the jockey - it was a breathtakingly inept ride . Does anyone thinks Bobs Worth would have won if they swopped the jockeys .

Cue Card ran a very good race conceding 7lb but Tizzard rode as if he did not know what way they were going to do run the horse. Put CC on the trailer to Ditcheat !

Regardless of whether CC would have won or not Joe Tizzard should not be looking around like he was and If I was the owner I would be doing my nut now over it. For me personally I find it unprofessional at best.

Agreed. Made for a good race but Cue Card was an unlucky loser. Bob's Worth has a fantastic attitude though and must be a contender for the RSA if they go that way with him.

More than just hope. He was giving weight to a good horse and had BW beat (and easily beat) everywhere except the line. His jumping looked okay, just one minor mistake.

Geraghty (to his credit) kept his mount working and got up on the line (literally on the line) with the momentum. It's appalling that Cue Card was beat (...I don't think that's my pocket talking).

Last edited:
very good performance from Bob. I also think Joe hasnt actually done much wrong. He was beaten by a better horse, and a horse that will improve for the race and when he steps up further. Could be a few pockets talking at the moment. :D

Just seen the race. I can't understand the criticism of Cue Card. Looked a good run to me conceding 7lbs.

Back