Novice Chasers 2011-12

I think the pair of them will put on a show... I just hope Menorah doesn't beat both of them.

I hope that all three don't run. Don't want to be a spoilsport but I'd prefer the guns to stay in the holsters till March.....If I were McCain I would side step this one at this stage. Kempton at speed with novices...something bad could happen.:(

Everybody seems to be thinking the same . . .

This clash is great and all that but do we really want the Arkle to be decided in December?!

Obviously the track is different, the ground will be different and so on but it will still tell us perhaps more than we would like to know.

I can see Henderson avoiding this one. Peddlers and Menorah will run and Menorah will not see which way he went.

...that may well be how it plays out, with the proviso of giving Menorah a chance before we all bury him.

Guess I'm in a different camp, then. I don't mind seeing these horses clash before the Festival. In fact, I wish it happened more. Cheltenham is far from the be all and end all in my eyes. Even better that these horses could clash on such a different track, too.

I think its refreshing that they will take each other on before Cheltenham. I'm all for it. The winner here may not win the race at Cheltenham tho.....(unless its SS) :)

I'm going to lump on Peddlers for the Jewson. He'll be switched after he gets hammered in this... :whistle:

...I'm on SS at 10s, so won't be too disappointed if he can win this. I still think Peddlers is the one though.

I think Peddlers could be beaten at Kempton and win the Arkle....just unsure whether to top up ante-post now or wait.

...depends on how you are fixed so far. I have a large amount on Peddlers at an average of just below 5/1 and half the amount on SS at 10/1. I'm happy with that ahead of Kempton... Menorah represents a potential spanner. If he wins those prices may not look so great!

I can see why those with ante-post interests would take that view of an early clash. With me, it's the spectacle first, betting a distant second, if at all.

My money's down on Al Ferof for the Arkle anyway.

Guess I'm in a different camp, then. I don't mind seeing these horses clash before the Festival. In fact, I wish it happened more. Cheltenham is far from the be all and end all in my eyes. Even better that these horses could clash on such a different track, too.

Agreed.

With me, it's the spectacle first, betting a distant second, if at all.

I'm with you there 100% of the way. I just think it will erode some of the anticipation for one of the best looking races of the Festival if we already have a pretty good idea of where they stand . . .

I'm with you there 100% of the way. I just think it will erode some of the anticipation for one of the best looking races of the Festival if we already have a pretty good idea of where they stand . . .

I can understand that viewpoint, Zenyatta, though if whoever wins next week should come out on top again at Cheltenham, I'd ultimately be happy with that (Al Ferof expectations aside :)) because I do like to see top horses prove they can be versatile.

Like I said, I think it comes down to my not putting the same emphasis on the Festival that others do.

Back