Novice Chasers 2011-12

Avatar available for Grand Crus fans

slowboat-logo.gif

"Solwhit has had a bit of a setback and it’ll be the other side of Christmas before he starts off over fences.

"It's a suspensory ligament problem and they can take time so he is on the easy list at the moment. I was hoping he'd run sometime this month with a view to going to Leopardstown at Christmas but we are now looking into January at the earliest."

Solwhit is a general 16-1 chance for next year's Irish Independent Arkle Chase at the Cheltenham Festiva

I don't watch as much jumps racing as many on here, but genuinely amazed at any suggestion Grand Crus is a plodder. If anything I think two and half miles will suit him at least as well as 3m.

I don't watch as much jumps racing as many on here, but genuinely amazed at any suggestion Grand Crus is a plodder. If anything I think two and half miles will suit him at least as well as 3m.
Spot on. A quick look at the World Hurdle bears this out.

And I'll apologise now for spelling that horses name wrong so many times through the course of the season, but only if everybody else does with regards Wishfull Thinking!

And I'll apologise now for spelling that horses name wrong so many times through the course of the season, but only if everybody else does with regards Wishfull Thinking!

Both are misspellings.

Grands Crus or Grand Cru would do, but not Grand Crus, and the Thinking should be Wishful, not Wishfull.

I don't really see anything in his race record to suggest that will be the case, David.

I agree there is more too him than Slim's kalaideskopic new avatar suggests, but on my reading of his form, he's going to be better at 3m than shorter.

He cruises through races over 3m, if anything he's a little too free. A slightly stronger pace over 2 1/2m will be in his favour I think. In truth any trip thoughts are very much secondary to how he jumps anyway. Should be a good race today anyway.

He doesn't have a turn of foot though, and that inability to quicken wl hurt him at intermediate trips, I reckon.

Agree its a cracking event.

Both are misspellings.

Grands Crus or Grand Cru would do, but not Grand Crus, and the Thinking should be Wishful, not Wishfull.

It's Wishfull not wishful Grey. At least thats what I thought and the sporting life has it as that (Can;t get on RP to confirm at the moment).

He doesn't have a turn of foot though, and that inability to quicken wl hurt him at intermediate trips, I reckon.

Agree its a cracking event.

Good horses have won this (Denman, Imperial Commander, Weird Al, Time For Rupert) so a lot to live up to. As hurdlers Grands Crus was a 170 performer and Cue Card a 150 performer so Cue Card will have to be everything we hope him to be at the bigger obstacles to put Grands Crus away. Zaynar may not be done with yet, but I can’t really see him pulling this off, although Champion Court was okay at Aintree and probably sets the standard over fences for the market leaders to exceed.

My head says Grands Crus today but my instinct goes with Cue Card who I’ll be pleased to see win.

Back