Novice Chasers 2012-13

I'm not giving up on him until he fails under his conditions. The race he lost to Dynaste, if Bob's Worth had run in that race the year before he wouldn't have beaten Grands Crus. He needs three miles plus on a left handed track with a decent pace. All this fecking about at gaff tracks over less than two and a half is ridiculous. This time two years ago Captain Chris was probably nearly 20s for the Arkle after a similar ropey start to his chasing career.

Not all RSA and Arkle winners have this sort of linear path to glory like Sprinter Sacre. Look at Cue Card last year. He unseats behind Grands Crus but look who is the far likelier King George winner now.

Clearly he didn't run like a 1/12 shot. Could I see why he was 1/12 beforehand, yes. Did I entertain backing him, no.

Not all RSA and Arkle winners have this sort of linear path to glory like Sprinter Sacre. Look at Cue Card last year. He unseats behind Grands Crus but look who is the far likelier King George winner now.

Unseating is nothing to do with ability.

Of course horses can improve under more suitable conditions, but he's on a downward spiral.

Does anyone else seem to think this erratic jumping seems to a consistant occurance with Hobbs and Johnson. I can think of Captain Chris, Wishful Thinking off the top of my head surely it isn't coincidence.

yeah definitely an odd coincidence if nothing else. very strange.

fingal jumped ok at cheltenham so i wouldn't call anyone mad backing 16/1 for the rsa tbh.

Captain Chris and Fingal Bay aren't erratic when they go the right way round.

Wishfull Thinking has a breathing issue

Menorah is a hound

Does anyone else seem to think this erratic jumping seems to a consistant occurance with Hobbs and Johnson. I can think of Captain Chris, Wishful Thinking off the top of my head surely it isn't coincidence.

With Kauto here.... Is it really a coincidence?

Out of all the top trainers, if I had a chaser it would be going to
Nicholls. He is streets ahead when it comes to fences.

Captain Chris and Fingal Bay aren't erratic when they go the right way round.

Wishfull Thinking has a breathing issue

Menorah is a hound

Right way round for Fingal Bay? But you were saying the other day Sandown, right handed, was his best performance, but now he needs to go left handed?

Back