Novice Chasers 2012-13

Ahh yes jst read Steve.hope the weather holds off or one or both will be pulled

Yes, there have been precious few opportunities to see truly contested races so far this NH season. Mostly one-sided affairs with the good horses running well within themselves.

Agreed.49 lengths but how many of those in behind would have actually wanted to taint any future marks by finishing closer.pessimistic I know.6/4 is nuts.id take Arvika legionnaire or overturn each way every day of the week against a history of jumping mistakes.

How many behind could have finished closer.......I doubt if any of them could he wasn't pulling a cart he was dragging a tank.....looked like a rodeo ride for half the race.

He's jumped really well but whether he can keep it together when going all out in the Arkle would be my only doubt. Don't forget Barry was the one who suggested he run in the Neptune as he said it would help his jumping...........and that was over hurdles.

I had him in a treble with Big Bucks and we all know what happened there so I wouldn't be taking 9/4 just yet as the other two main rivals would have to mess up for that to be much smaller on the day.

You have to admire the way he made Sulpius look like nothing. It's hard to imagine there can be so much difference between two horses considering the 2nd would have been on a 4 timer had he not fallen 2 outings ago.

Simonsig is the real deal no doubting that but Overturn has probably the better form when you consider the races he has won both on the flat and over hurdles and add to that a very good 2nd in the Champion Hurdle.

Take a bold man to say he was a better horse but when the 2 clash I doubt if Simonsig will be pulling double all the way round and he'll have to jump every fence perfectly just to keep tabs on Overturn

I reckon if it turned into a tactical race Simonsig would make mincemeat of him but the I doubt if the McCain McGuire combination will be thinking along those lines.

I imag nothing will change and Overturn will go off like a bat out of hell then quicken up. I think we'll know very quickly just how good Simonsig really is. Overturn simply doesn't make mistakes he was brilliant jumper of hurdles and it seems he measures his fences every bit as well

I reckon Simonsig will have to be everything they think he is and more to catch and pass Overturn come March if they both make it there in one piece.

Should Poungach really be 10 times the price of Dynaste? Form of his last win reads really well.

Nice win from Dynaste but it was a terrible renewal of the Feltham. All his wins have been similar in fashion - moderate gallop followed by a bit of a sprint and the RSA will be a totally different test. He'll be one to take on at the Festival.

He's done nothing wrong but the races he's run in aren't the same kind of test the RSA will be. Ultimately he's too short a price.

As for the Jewson, the fact that he won the Feltham on far softer ground than Grands Crus encountered last year does suggest he has more stamina so I think the RSA is very likely. It's a race that doesn't look quite as good at this stage as last year's renewal also.

Arvika Ligeonnaire won at Leopardstown nicely enough. Jumped well and I think he'll love better ground. Oscar's Well was off the bridle some way out and needs further.

Last edited:
Back