Novice Chasers 2012-13

Oscar's Well more impressive for me than Captain Conan. Where they go at the Festival may depend on how good Simonsig looks when he appears.

yeah. The way Oscar's Well took off down the back straight at Navan means that I think that he will improve for the strong pace at the Arkle. I wouldnt go near him for the Jewson, and I think he is the most likely Arkle winner of those we have seen so far.

Jess has said his optimum conditions will be two and a half miles on decent ground. If he went for the Arkle I'd cover him but my main bet will be on Arvika Legionniere.

Last edited:
Have backed arvika ligeonnaire at 20's but went in again after last week at shorter with bigger stakes.The best I have seen so far,looks a serious horse

Good to see Mikael D'Haguenet finally get off the mark over fences. He will never become the horse I had hoped but maybe there will be a good prize for him somewhere.

I think Broadbackbob will be something special, and hope he runs this Friday at Cheltenham.

Not for me Hamm. Jewson or maybe even Arkle depending on how he takes to fences. Haven't watched his debut yet but the report suggests he was a bit novices but jumped well once he warmed up.

As a rule I like to place lay Hobbs horses when they are short in the betting.I can remember being completely disgusted when he pulled one out of the Supreme at the overnight stage a few years ago- can't remember it's name subsequently became a very moody chaser.

Emma Lavelle looks to have a really decent pair in Highland Lodge and Court in Motion, both winners today.

Lot of chat about Nicholls/Henderson dominating Saturdays yesterday but almost went unnoticed that Lavelle had an across the board four timer yesterday and in some decent events as well. Stable to follow at the moment.

Simonsig and overturn to face each other Friday at ascot.

Just mentioned this in response to your post on the other thread:

25-F21 Poungach 6 11-6
03-514 Act Of Kalanisi 6 11-4
8P/2 Ashbourne Folly 6 11-0
03-522 Cantlow 7 11-0
9300-2 Dare Me 8 11-0
1232-1 Overturn 8 11-0
12111- Simonsig 6 11-0
3991F1 Sulpius 7 11-0
24-P22 Well Regarded 7 11-0

Back