Novice Chasers 2012-13

It's possible. None of Wishfull Thinking, Captain Chris or Menorah won their first chases. It won't mean Fingal Bay won't win the RSA though.

Anybody (else) see Poungach turning Fingal Bay over tomorrow?

I'd want evs before I backed Fingal Bay f/t/o as his sire King's Theatre has produced so many quality jumpers but most of them looked dodgy jumping fences f/t/o, although their quality normally carried them through. Fingal Bay has the right credentials to be a top novice chaser this season but I cant back him odds-on in his first attempt over the bigger obstacles.

Other jumpers sired by King's Theatre:

Riverside Theatre
Captain Chris
Cue Card
Menorah
Voler La Vedette
The Minack
Miss Mitch
Wichita Lineman
Brindisi Breeze

Oh dear. Fingal Bay might well lose today but there's little doubt in my mid he'll make a high class chaser eventually.

now i remember why i like the flat

Hardly a fair comparison considering this time of year.

I was pleased with that. Fingal Bay jumped very tidily after skying a couple early on and idled a bit at the end. The runner-up isn't up to much but he was race fit.

It's all about opinions and he isn't a Sprinter Sacre who can win on the bridle so I can appreciate he isn't for everyone. But he looks and jumps like a proper chaser and his form with Simonsig is rock solid.

It's all about opinions and he isn't a Sprinter Sacre who can win on the bridle so I can appreciate he isn't for everyone. But he looks and jumps like a proper chaser and his form with Simonsig is rock solid.

agree the bare Simonsig form does make him look good..but i'd be thinking the ground more favoured Fingal that day than it did Simonsig..Fingal looks to like givey ground and S to like faster

it will be interesting to see how the season pans out for both horses

Agree with euro here. What anyone should be looking for at this stage is jumping ability and after the first few, he was excellent. Really economical which i do like Much rather that than a sketchy round and 5 length win. The margin as it was, was probably down to fitness

Oh dear. Fingal Bay might well lose today but there's little doubt in my mid he'll make a high class chaser eventually.

I have to agree - that look a perfect introduction and he will come on bundles for that. Definitely a high class chaser in the making imo.

I can tell you somethingt guys Jamie Moore on Royal Scoundrel is confident he would have won or been very close barring him breaking down four out

I can tell you somethingt guys Jamie Moore on Royal Scoundrel is confident he would have won or been very close barring him breaking down four out

Firstly I hope he's ok and secondly I know how highly this horse is thought of and it must be so frustrating that he doesn't stay sound - he was also the one I had a bet on in the race for the value. Fingers crossed it is not too serious and I wish him a speedy recovery.

We had to put him down guys. Both front legs. Actually went before the fence. Heartbreaking really,he meant an awful lot and looked beautiful

Back