Novice chasers 2013/14

Two Ricci horses, I can't see them facing each other at Leopardstown.

I only say that because they need to get a run in to Bally. And with time running out, will they not want to get a run in to him without being too close to Cheltenham?
But yes I can see that he would want them kept apart.

Would be another poor renewal if he won Fonz, but relative to the price of those above him, he still represents some value

Certainly cant see any of that lot playing much of a role in staying chases next year anyway.

Never known a RSA where there is more that you can rule in than out.
I can't be having Corrin Wood, but then I seem to be saying that about most the field.

I only say that because they need to get a run in to Bally. And with time running out, will they not want to get a run in to him without being too close to Cheltenham?
But yes I can see that he would want them kept apart.

They could hold Ballycasey back until the 3m Grade 2 at Navan on Sunday week.

I am itching to back Don Cossack but will wait until NRNB now. What's making me hang back is although I’ve always thought he’d be a stayer, am sure earlier in the season connections said he'd be unlikely to run over 3miles. Also, the JLT looks like it could be the hottest of the 3 novice chases, so would not necessarily want to back him in that.

Anyone have a strong opinion on the 3m Novice chase today 2:10 at Ludlow??

Every which way I look at it, I think The Romford Pele should be the Fav.
He's been running in much hotter company this season, is getting 7lbs allowance today from Edmund Kean. The fact that TRP has not proved he stays 3m yet seems to be the only slight negative I can find.

But the Market has it the other way around......

What am I missing?

Another negative is his shoddy jumping the last twice, but that might improve in a lower level race.

You called that one spot on in fairness Grey. Thought McCoy was going to pick him up but The Romford Pele's jumping was just too poor.

Today was not the day to get involved from a punting standpoint or today was not the day for The Romford Pele and he is being kept for a big handicap novice chase?

Rock on Ruby jumped well today and as long as the ground’s not too soft, has a solid ew chance in the Arkle. I think he’ll be the best of the Brits, but not as confident he’ll beat the Irish contingent. 8/1 is fair, particularly as can see it cutting up

Back