Novice chasers 2013/14

I like the look of Ofaolains Boy today. Pulled up on his last start but his form in previous race at Ascot in December behind Easter Day is solid. Also had good Novice hurdle form in the stayers division on heavy ground last season. 8/1 looks a decent price. He went off 9/4 second fav behind Taquin du Seuil the last day when he was pulled up.

Same connections as The Romford Pele. What say the spies under the bed?:ninja:
Will this horse be tuned up for today Digger?

Bought for 100k. Not entered in any of the handicaps. Would expect a decent effort

Cheers Lads.... Unbelievable Day. Best in a long long time. Lots of nice price winners. O'Faolains Boy, Argocat, Restless Harry, Rigadin De Beauchene, Melodic Rendezvous & Captain Chris Double, Touberra, Bobcatbilly & Gaillimh A Chroi there in the last ...

Absolutely Buzzin:):):D

Cheers Lads.... Unbelievable Day. Best in a long long time. Lots of nice price winners. O'Faolains Boy, Argocat, Restless Harry, Rigadin De Beauchene, Melodic Rendezvous & Captain Chris Double, Touberra, Bobcatbilly & Gaillimh A Chroi there in the last ...

Mines a bottle of scotch :thumbsup:
How on earth was Argocat allowed to go off 10/1 outsider of the 4 - Bonkers.

Excellent effort there DH , very well done
That lot should bolster your fund nicely
Just don't go wasting it all on The New One :D

Agree. Market looks wrong to me. I would have had him even money so I've had a decent bet. Main concern is will his jumping hold up.

Overraced on that ground, not sure leading suited but I underestimated Bright New Dawn. Cooper seems keen on him long term.

My top rated for the novice chases at Cheltenham
Arkle-Trifolium
JLT- Wonderful Charm
RSA-Balleycasey
NH Chase- Sam Winner

He looks the best of the Brits but Trifolium has got better each start this campaign and looks an assured jumper. Also been placed at a previous Festival on decent ground.

Not a negative on Trifolium as a chaser. His jumping is solid and he seems progressive. But overall as a Hurdler his form is poor imo. After the Supreme he lost when odds on at Punchestown festival and then lost by 30L & 60L in his next 2 efforts over hurdles. The Supreme really was as good as it got over hurdles and the same Supreme was a shocker. Darlan the only decent horse I can remember...

A lot of very average horses:Cinders And Ashes, Prospect Wells, Galileo's Choice, Tetlami, Steps To Freedom

For me the overall class is just not there with Trifolium. Of the Irish challengers, the Mullins pair CF & FY both have way higher ceiling imo.

I can't see how Dodging Bullets doesn't place in the Arkle.

I just watched the replays of Dodging Bullets 4 runs over fences this season. Other than the fact he lost to Module, he has been foot perfect. He jumps beautifully. Quick, fluent and he gets away from his fences really quickly. His wins on better ground, particularly over Grandouet, were most impressive.

Even though he lost to Module, there really are so many positives you can take out of it if you are a Dodging Bullets fan.

Giving Moudle, who is a year older, 3lbs on his optimum ground conditions.
Module overall form is very good. 2nd to Somersby ahead of Cue Card. Novice chase form from last season is top notch culminating in 4Lengths 4th in Jewson.

Dodging Bullets traveled like a dream, they omitted the 3rd last fence which did not favor the better jumper DB. He still stayed on well and finished off his race well but the bottomless ground and the 3lbs concession to the older & more experienced horse were just a head too much.

Nothing but positives. So I'm with you. Cannot see him outside the top 3.

Last edited:
I can't see how Dodging Bullets doesn't place in the Arkle.

Have backed DB for the Arkle at some lofty prices and I think he is cert to place.I just don't think he will win it.,looks a tad short of sitting at the top table-he's sitting on the table next to it with oscar whiskey and Jezki.

Last edited:
trifolium had a wind operation before going chasing i think? after his dreadful hurdle runs you mentioned....seem to remember quotes to that effect

Fair play lads.Have to admit I was unaware of the Wind Operations. Would certainly go some way to explaining the 30L & 60L defeats.

That certainly counters my argument regarding his overall hurdle form. I still feel the potential of the Mullins pair is greater. For some reason I just see Trifolium as a kind of a 'safe choice'. He's solid, but does he have the speed to win an Arkle? What do you think granger?

Back