Novice chasers 2014/15

I like Coneygree a lot but just have a feeling Kempton may be a bit sharp for him
SDR price is very skinny but he looks the likely answer here

Good ride there by Nico made a real test for them which suited Coneygree, looks a stout stayer
Could this one possibly break the Feltham/RSA hoodoo?
Has showed in the past that Cheltenham suits.

Last edited:
Granted it is short but I would think Clarcam would be the one to chase him home over this trip. Have a lot of time for Clarcam but we saw how he was dealt with before.
Real Steel may want a bit further to trouble these?

Shocked, The mistake definatley took its toll though
Hope you Backed him

Should have pulled him up after that mistake...he was never back on the bridle..so pull him and leave him for another day.

Shocked, The mistake definatley took its toll though
Hope you Backed him

Yes bad mistake. Race was over there and then.
That aside Clarcam is very likeable indeed. Just keeps improving, and still so young.
Vautour will be back.

Last edited:
Nice to see Close Touch return today. Done it very nicely.

Gilgamboa too. Will be interesting to see which race he lines up in.

Paul Townsend must have thought Vatour's mistake never took that much out of him to continue the way he did.

He never gave him much time to recover before trying to go and win his race and for a brief spell I thought he might just'

The horse didn't seem that fussed about it either

Hard to say sitting in an armchair how much it did take out of him but I was a bit disappointed in the lack of fight shown by Vatour

Hope he meets the winner again before Cheltenham or at least something with a touch of class or I wouldn't be backing him for anything at the Festival.

Mullins on Vautour,

"I'm just drawing a line under Vautour's run. He wasn't right. I didn't actually see the race yet, but from talking to all my people at home in the stable and people who watched the race, the horse wasn't right,"

"I have my own reasons. People who were watching him said to me 'he just didn't stride the way he does'. I have my own reasons for that and I think he'll get over that and hopefully I'll bring him back to the way he was. Vautour will come back to himself."

Is the target of Clarcam also. Who would you fancy in a match bet granger. Clarcam or Gilgamboa?

Is the target of Clarcam also. Who would you fancy in a match bet granger. Clarcam or Gilgamboa?

Gilgamboa. He showed a turn of foot yesterday which is something I look for in all top class horses. When they look like they are flat out but really in fourth gear.

id say in time Clarcam will want a trip

irish Arkle is his plan Frankel

Last edited:
Gilgamboa. He showed a turn of foot yesterday which is something I look for in all top class horses. When they look like they are flat out but really in fourth gear.

id say in time Clarcam will want a trip

irish Arkle is his plan Frankel

Gilgamboa was impressive for sure.

Certainly a race to look forward to.

Mullins is nowhere near as good with chasers as hurdlers and the main reason he sends them over fences so soon is because the Ricci Frenchy bandwagon is going to roll another few potential worldbeaters out next summer.

And before anyone mentions Twinlight, wtf happened to Ballycasey ?

Mullins is nowhere near as good with chasers as hurdlers and the main reason he sends them over fences so soon is because the Ricci Frenchy bandwagon is going to roll another few potential worldbeaters out next summer.

And before anyone mentions Twinlight, wtf happened to Ballycasey ?

ballycasey is a bit tripless and a bit of a coward if you ask me

Last edited:
Back