Novice chasers 2014/15

Of course he didn't beat much and I worry that he'll not settle well enough in for a Cheltenham race. It was tantamount to a schooling session today but I didn't like the pulling. It still looks impressive though and I look forward to seeing him again. And he jumped very well and Fairyhouse is a decent test.

he's great fun to watch but still not sure his style lends itself to an arkle winner. if he even goes there.

What does win the Arkle so? Has anyone actually looked at the likely runners in the race? It has no depth whatsoever and UDS is a complete beast and certain runner. You'll be scratching around for 2/1 on the day.

What does win the Arkle so? Has anyone actually looked at the likely runners in the race? It has no depth whatsoever and UDS is a complete beast and certain runner. You'll be scratching around for 2/1 on the day.

He's not a certain runner.

You don't seem to get that! He might be 1/2 to run in it, but maybe longer...

I agree there is not much depth and the Nicholls horses are all much of a muchness (he will big them up though).

He's not a certain runner.

You don't seem to get that! He might be 1/2 to run in it, but maybe longer...

I agree there is not much depth and the Nicholls horses are all much of a muchness (he will big them up though).

Yes he is.

What will you lay at 1/2?

Even if he does line up and Vautour swerves it which he blatantly fooking shouldn't.
Better ground and the fact he will have runners hassling him early unlike the soft leads he has been getting. He will fold up when the gun is put to his head imo.

Why would I lay anything at 1/2?

Are we all pretending to be 12 again...

Last edited:
Yes he is.

What will you lay at 1/2?
he clearly isn't. mullins is on record as saying any more mishaps at his fences his chasing career would be looked at. they always seem to run him in deep ground and he swerved the festival last year as they didn't want to run him against their stable star.

the same could easily happen again.

he clearly isn't. mullins is on record as saying any more mishaps at his fences his chasing career would be looked at. they always seem to run him in deep ground and he swerved the festival last year as they didn't want to run him against their stable star.

the same could easily happen again.

You are seriously telling me there is a realistic chance this horse will not run in the Arkle barring injury? He's a million on to run if fit.

Says the lad that posted I had 'gambling debts' in the UK. Jog on.

What has that got to do with anything?

When you post something which clearly isn't the case, and refuse to listen to the words of even the horses trainer and this is pointed out to you, you become aggressive or say put your money where your mouth is, which is childish, rather than debating the point. You should grow up.

What has that got to do with anything?

When you post something which clearly isn't the case, and refuse to listen to the words of even the horses trainer and this is pointed out to you, you become aggressive or say put your money where your mouth is, which is childish, rather than debating the point. You should grow up.

Don't talk from the morale high ground when you're buried underneath it.

a million on? really?

if he's a million on why is vautour still the market leader?

What race would Vatour not win at the festival? He will be odds on in either novice chase so the market reflects his clouded running plans.

Im sure the owners wont stand for another festival swerve but as others have said second guessing Willie is dangerous when it comes to AP betting.

I'm sure both owners would prefer to have ruby on board. UDS for the Arkle and vatour for the JLT.

I would think which ever race Valseur lido lines up in will have more to do with what other horses gigginstown have, rather then where Willies are going, and will have copper on board, so doubt it will have much effect on the decision.

Last edited:
I'm sure both owners would prefer to have ruby on board. UDS for the Arkle and vatour for the JLT.

Ruby gets a massive say in this as well. Where do you think he would run both? Its not even a close run thing. Its a certainty UDS goes for the Arkle. Vatour could go for the JLT, CC, Gold Cuo, RSA, champion hurdle or cross country. He might be odds against in two of them.

Vautour is shorter for the JLT than the Arkle. UDS will go for the Arkle or nothing. If both are fit and unbeaten (and the going has soft legitimately in the description) , UDS will run in the Arkle and Vautour the JLT. No reason to think that anything would get within 5 lengths of either.
Very happy to have UDS at 5/1 with PaddyP under the terms of their free bet for each win before Cheltenham. Even if he doesn't run I've got the chance of a profit on the bet.

Come off it Archie, the horse has beaten **** all so far in his career and has never even been to Cheltenham. Massive lay

Back