Novice chasers 2014/15

Gitane Due Berlais looks very good but I haven't a clue where she fitsbin to Mullins novice chasing plans

And they have Vroum Vroum Mag too. Another Mare Novice chasing that appears suited to 2m4f at the moment anyway. If memory serves me correctly, from the stable tours and other mediums, all in the WPM stable rate VVM above GDB.....

Impressive from Gitane Du Berlais today, but I doubt she's in the top five novice chasers at Closutton. Irish novices look strong, and I'll be keeping Vautour and Apache Stronghold on side for the JLT.

I think GdB will lose her WFA allowance (think it was 4lbs today) at the end of February, in steeplechases races under 3m. I've tried to validate this on the BHA website, but it's a complete car-crash with a sh*itty search function.

Both she and Vroum Vroum Mag will, of course, retain their Mares allowance of 7lbs.

Last edited:
He's a nice each way price for the JLT. Meade said after the Topaz (I think) that he'd be keeping him short of 3 miles from now on. The best Milan's have all gone on good ground as well.

And they have Vroum Vroum Mag too. Another Mare Novice chasing that appears suited to 2m4f at the moment anyway. If memory serves me correctly, from the stable tours and other mediums, all in the WPM stable rate VVM above GDB.....

Yep, Vroum Vroom was one that Ricci was sweet on, but they are content for her to take in all the good mares races for now.

Mullins has Morning run too.

Surprised more trainers don't train many mares

Surprised more trainers don't train many mares

If my own experience is anything to go on there's a good reason for it. Apart from the obvious exceptions they are harder to get to the track, it seems.

Ive had one good mare in my fairly long exposure. Glacial Missile, impeccably bred. She won 8 times but has been a useless brood mare despite having all the favoured semen in the jumps World. I remember when Williamson rode her in one of her first races for us and said get rid of her she is useless. Richard Johnson rode her next and won her next four. I guess what I am saying is like their human kind they are very hard to understand

Noel Meade very sweet on Apache S today in Irish Field.
Not sure the horse does not stay 3 miles so an entry Leopardstown Feb 8 and see for Cheltenham, JLT or RSA.
I hope it is the former.

Good, even if he might be a Powers horse

Has a big pot in him under 3 miles

Not everybody can train fillies.
Different to geldings in every way they need special individual treatment from feeding to exercise.
PJ (Darkie )Prendergast had two main feed men; one for the colts, one for the fillies.
Similarly they take less intensive exercise regimes and are easily soured.
More of course are hard as nails; knowing the difference is a gift not to many have.

Pricewise on the RSA tomorrow. Who do we think?
Top two look hard to oppose. I'll plump for either Southfield Theatre or Champagne West.

My 14/1 on Coneygree will be looking a bit precarious if he runs a stormer on Saturday
For some reason the Bradstock's want to run him in the GC which IMO ( financial reasons aside) is definetly a year too early.

Don't think they will fonz. That would be suicidal. No chance in the Gold Cup. Could finish him in the process.

You may be right but I like to peddle the glorious fishermen one that got away type angle to it :D

From ATR
Kings Palace, ante-post favourite in some books for Cheltenham's RSA Chase, heads 10 entries for the Money Back Faller Insurance At Titanbet.co.uk Novices' Chase at Warwick on Saturday.

The David Pipe-trained seven-year-old is unbeaten in two races over fences, both at Cheltenham.
With the wintry weather causing a few meetings to be called off at the moment, Pipe has also put Kings Palace in the Bathwick Tyres Taunton Graduation Chase at Exeter on Sunday, in which he could take on Fingal Bay and Southfield Theatre.

Back