Novice Chasers 2015/16

Trainer Edward O'Grady said: "He was lame post-race and has been diagnosed as having a small problem with his spine.

"He has had a procedure to hopefully rectify the issue and it will keep him out of action for three weeks.

"While it was a disappointing run, it was nice to find a reason for it and hopefully we have put it right now.

"It's too difficult to say at this stage when he'll be back on the racecourse.

"We hope to start back (work) with him after three weeks, and that's the only time-frame I have at the moment."

"Ar Mad is grand, but he's on a break at the minute, simply because there are no races for him now until Cheltenham," said the West Sussex handler.
"The only options are the Clarence House (Ascot) or the Game Spirit (Newbury) and I don't want him taking on those out of novice company.
"There's the Lightning Stakes at Doncaster but I'd rather find out about the left-handed thing at Cheltenham.
"I've spoken to a lot of people I respect about this and some say he'll be fine and others say to stick to what you know.
"If he didn't go to Cheltenham, there are races at Leopardstown and Fairyhouse for him but he'd never want the ground too quick."

Not much going on this week, but the novice at Huntingdon this afternoon looks interesting

Drumacoo had decent form in Ireland and has moved to a really progressive young yard

Value at Risk went off fav for the grade 2 at the Hennessey meeting, but fell at the 2nd. Skelton’s form also a worry

Fletchers Flyer is the one for me. Beautiful looker and travelled well in one of the best races of the season so far and just got beaten by two thorough stayers. Flatter track and shorter distance to suit.

Drumacoo jumped really well and won very easily

Value at Risk may have to go back to hurdles and Fletchers Flyers run too bad to be true. His head carriage was a little unsettling so maybe something’s troubling him

No More Heros to get "speculative" Gold Cup entry, but more likely to run in "the RSA or the 4-miler". He may also go straight to Cheltenham.

The 4 miler has to be one of the easiest races of the festival to work out, along with the Foxhunters. Over half the field have no hope in both.

I will be in line for a cardiac arrest, if NMH goes in anything other than the RSA Chase.

My shovel was quite large.

be ridiculous to put him in anything other than the rsa. best novice chaser we've seen this season for my money. certainly at the staying distances.

Good to see Bitofapuzzle running in the mares Grade 2 at Thurles tomorrow. It's been said lots of times, but it’s mad how few UK jumpers make the trip

I'm going to Thurles tomorrow actually. I'd imagine she'll be very short. RSA bound I think.

Was it Henderson a few years back that sent one over, Un Artiste I think. Went down by a snot to one of Robert Tyners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm jealous Kauto - much rather be there than stuck in an office over here...
She stays well so hopefully RSA I think for her. Jumped well first time and the ground won't be a bother, so should win tomorrow

Ya, looks like it's going to be baltic at Thurles tomorrow. Forecast 2 degrees after heavy frost tonight and that place is baltic in June so I envy your warm office.

Bitofapuzzle 4/11 for tomorrow. Looks like shrewd placing by Fry. She has 23lbs in hands on her nearest home challenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(1:50) 12C Money Back On Fallers Novice S'chase(Grade 2) €25,200.00 ( 2m 3f - 5yo+ )[MAX 28]
NHFrm
1122- 1 Lord Scoundrel(142) (GElliott) - . ...... 11,08
1-71- 2 Black Hercules (WPMullins) - . ......... 11,05
fp32- 3 Blair Perrone (AJMartin) - . ............... 11,05
17u3- 4 Captain Hox(123) (PGriffin) - ............. 11,05
3111- 5 Killultagh Vic (WPMullins) - . ............ 11,05
1013- 6 Velvet Maker (FR)(143) (AFleming) - 11,05
1321- 7 Walk To Freedom(139)(MrsJHarrington) - . ..... 11,05
1231- 8 Zabana (ALynch) - ............................. 11,05

Hopefully Zabana and KV will clash on Sunday

Surely Zabana's win over the xmas was a p**s poor event?

Tell Us More is a hound, and Blair Perrone won't be winning Graded races.

Possibly. I was quite taken with the run, but if you read back far enough in this thread, did punt Tell us More so it maybe a case of seeing/thinking what I wanted to

Agreed, it was a nice performance fto. Time will tell I suppose but its not form i'd be hanging my coat on.
Granted he's entitled to improve for his 1st run and hit a mark of 155 over hurdles.

I'd be disappointed if Killultagh Vic doesn't beat him out the gate.

Back