Novice Chasers 2015/16

I'd say Zabana will provide a good test for Killultagh Vic. I've backed KV antepost for the Festival and really fancy him, but we'll get a genuine line here rather than most of the egg and spoon races we see with novice chasers avoiding each other.

I liked Zabana. For a horse that should like better ground than it was at Christmas, he was very confidently ridden and could have been called the winner a long way out. Very promising I thought.

KV has a few entries in the next month, all between 2m and 2m5f which suggests he's going for the JLT even though the yard have the current fav for that race. There's been quite a bit of market support for him in the JLT today as well. It's a strange one really because arguably his best performance to date has been over 3 miles.

Good to see Bitofapuzzle running in the mares Grade 2 at Thurles tomorrow. It's been said lots of times, but it’s mad how few UK jumpers make the trip

She put it an extra stride at the 3rd last to unseat Fehily today when he asked her for a stride & looking to have that race at her mercy. Looked to be doing a lot of looking around too. He said after she's not the easiest in the world.

Remains at 20/1 for RSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KV has a few entries in the next month, all between 2m and 2m5f which suggests he's going for the JLT even though the yard have the current fav for that race. There's been quite a bit of market support for him in the JLT today as well. It's a strange one really because arguably his best performance to date has been over 3 miles.
I think Willie is probably stronger on Pont Alexandre chances in the RSA than he is Shaneshill in the JLT, and I take the same view. I like Shaneshill but he looked quick and low over his fences last time and that could catch him out at Cheltenham. If Willie thinks the same he may think that having KV in the race gives him a better hand overall. Also KV won on the same course the JLT is run last season so that may also enter their thinking.

I hope they change their mind because I've got a nice ticket at 16/1 for the RSA, but I'll probably lay it off a couple of days before the Hennessy meeting to be safe and in case they nominate a target post-race. Given connections I know that's unlikely though!!!

Last edited:
Kind of had KV marked for the RSA myself. Though have hung fire for this precise reason. Think he could put it up to them in the RSA.

Last edited:
He's won a G1 hurdle over 3 miles so looks made for the RSA. Ruby likes Shaneshill and will likely ride him in the JLT.

Last edited:
If it survives, we will see Pont Alexandre again this weekend

Any fears of a Bounce?

I'm not a real believer in it, but it has to be considered. Sir Des Champs tanked at xmas.

Edit: Have just come across Patrick Mullins quote:
"With Pont Alexandre, sometimes the second run can be the bogey run after a long layoff. We have, though, given him plenty of time to recover and obviously he was a very exciting prospect before he got injured."

Last edited:
BH impressive enough,they went very steady though.Why they don't make the pace on Pont Alexndra beats me,same thing happened in the Neptune.

Can't have Black Hercules as an odds on shout today. Silsol for me.

I backed Silsol also. Threw in the towel quickly enough after seeming to be going OK. One to catch early in the season perhaps

Where would you fit BH in?
Looks ideal for the 4 miler
No harm in running both I suppose.

Is BH a bit to keen in his races to stay 4m tho? He was keen enough today. Think PA would have no problem getting 4m.

Back