Novice Chasers 2015/16

Bounce is an outmoded concept. The horse has **** all worthwhile form and has been hyped because of the silks

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Bounce is an outmoded concept. The horse has **** all worthwhile form and has been hyped because of the silks

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

A little unfair, Euro, considering he was a G1 winner as a novice hurdler. More accurate to say 'clearly not the same horse after injury', I reckon.

He'd win the 4 miler if they send him that route i'd imagine. A big IF tho, not so sure Ricci would want one of his going that route. Roi des Francs surely goes for the RSA after that so probably down to Black Hercules & Pont for 4 miler. I think BH can be a tad to keen in his races & ultimately 4miles might be stretching him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA bubble burst today. He jumps nicely but seemed to be just going for sake of going for most of the race. He probably needs 4m minimum

Simon Rowlands of Timeform

"It doesn't take Sherlock to figure out that the G2 Novice at Naas yesterday won by Roi des Francs wasn't run at the advertised distance."

At the moment I would see the Mullins novice chasers lining up as

Arkle Douvan

JLT Shaneshill
Outlander

RSA Black Hercules
Killultagh Vic

4m Pont Alexandre
Roi Des Francs

with the like of McKinley and Avant Tout kept back for the Power Gold Cup at Fairyhouse.

Last edited:
Looking back at the Supreme it's a wonder Lam'i Serge finished as close as he did to Douvan.

Barry had to stoke him up right from the off he just got him going on an even keel and he gets hampered.

He is getting back into it and it's difficult to exactly what happened but he seemed to run into another runner and got pushed back yet again.

Still Barry managed to get him within shooting distance with Dovan but having used up way too much energy it was a lost cause by the time Ruby said go on Douvan.

They are going to be a lot closer at Cheltenham that the 4/7 and 8/1 odds would suggest.

If ever a horse was shouting out to be backed EW it's Lam'i Serge who NJH thought the world of as a hurdler

100 ew gets you 100 quid profit 200 win on Douvan makes only 14 pounds difference but if Lami Serge were to win??? Happy days!!!

Last edited:
Wow. What a performance & recovery from KV there. JLT bound by sounds of it.

Offloaded most my RSA bet this morning and reinvested some of it into the JLT thank god. Almost sure to go that way and probably the right race for him.

One thought though? It's possible that Ruby may think Douvan (Arkle), Shaneshill (JLT), Killultagh Vic (RSA), are a better personal hand than the latter two meeting in the JLT? I'm not convinced either Pont Alexandre or Black Hurcules are RSA winners in waiting, and perhaps Ruby doesn't either. Willie tends to listen to him, and from Willie's interview he says he's thinking JLT, but made a point of saying he's stays three miles. Whichever of the two he turns up in he carries my money.

Last edited:
Fair point. RSA looks tougher tho with NMH & MOT involved. Throw KV in with Shanes Hill in JLT & your almost guaranteed one of them take it.

I'm not convinced by Black Hercules for the RSA so would think KV represents Mullins' best hope. He improved for the step up over hurdles and not ripping up my AP voucher for the RSA yet

Back