Novice Chasers 2015/16

F Throw KV in with Shanes Hill in JLT & your almost guaranteed one of them take it.

Can't have either. The former to me isn't economical at his fences and has a high knee action. Cheltenham on good ground would be a no no.

Shaneshill is just too short. Hasn't done anything over fences to justify single figure quotes.

Who would you have Euro? I felt KV was spot on at his jumping today. Pecked at the last and slipped, replays in slow mo show as much.

We've had that high knee action thing crushed countless times by the likes of mikael d'haguenet etc before and they all skipped in. Plus KV has won at Cheltenham before so cant see that as any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like how KV jumps Euro.

Seems quite straightforward at them actually.

He got soft ground at Chelt last year and in any case won over 3 on good ground at Punch in what looks a good race now

Was only a few lengths away in Cheltenham bumper the year before too on good ground.

Contrary to Euro, having just watched another replay, I thought KV was very economical at his fences.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna say he over jumps because that makes him sounds like Josses Hill but If I was punting him I'd be scared, that stumble he had on landing is something that could happen again.

The race at Punch is good form but it was over timber. Fences, Cheltenham and good ground - I think he'll get found out.

Some horse, some recovery by both.
Shades of Annie Power the way he was motoring into last and just clipped the top.
One thing sure though; Ruby after a few near misses all day was not letting this race go if at all possible.

Can't have either. The former to me isn't economical at his fences and has a high knee action. Cheltenham on good ground would be a no no.

Shaneshill is just too short. Hasn't done anything over fences to justify single figure quotes.

Considering probably 5 of the next 6 in the betting are likely to run exactly who would you fancy?
4/1 KV looks a very good price to me in what could be an exceptionally ordinary race for the Festival.

For the reasons I've already stated 4/1 is a **** price. Impressive performance from a Mullins horse in completely different ground that he'll encounter at the Festival doesn't really add up to sub 5/1. Think about it ffs.

It's a **** price because it's not NRNB. The RSA is still very much an option for KV.

It is entirely possible that poor old Shaneshill will be booked in for a front row view of Douvan's arse once again.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Attachments

• CY_naVFWcAA3ySI.jpg
    CY_naVFWcAA3ySI.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 100
Phenomenal sit. I was trying to explain to an American who I brought for the day what we had just witnessed. To be fair, he appreciated it.

But Christ, it was the most incredible horsemanship i've seen. Shame there wasn't more people there to witness it. Very very low attendance.

Looking forward to seeing Different Gravey on Wednesday at Newbury. Fingers crossed it's on and he gets declared

Edit: Not declared. FFS

Last edited:
L'ami Serge notching another win went relatively unnoticed last weekend. Jumped well again and connections suggesting he could be going JLT rather than Arkle route. I'm not suggesting we have the 'hampered argument' again but he certainly had no luck in running in last years Supreme and did well to finish as close as he did. The question is was it close enough to suggest he could give Douvan a scare over two miles or is the JLT the right option?

L'ami Serge notching another win went relatively unnoticed last weekend. Jumped well again and connections suggesting he could be going JLT rather than Arkle route. I'm not suggesting we have the 'hampered argument' again but he certainly had no luck in running in last years Supreme and did well to finish as close as he did. The question is was it close enough to suggest he could give Douvan a scare over two miles or is the JLT the right option?

Also had a trapped Epilglotis and we have seen with Cue Card and Smad Place the difference that can make.

even if BDM had finished last..AM still very good..the franking makes no difference once horses are established with big performances in the bag

if Vroum Vroom is top class judged on beating 130 hosses...then Ar Mad must be Kauto Star

Back