Novice Chasers 2015/16

Well Douvan not only has a huge engine, he's also an absolute natural over fences. He's going to be an absolute superstar.

its like he just gets a free run too..no one will get upsides him..or they lose by a distance..i don't see any way bar a fall that anything even gets upside him never mind beats him..its like Frankel..the only way to run your race is to keep away from him..try and go with him its curtains

as easy as Douvan as won..he has recorded a large speed figure there..there is nothing near him on the scene at this time...only SS in the past was better.

Cue Card and Alferof stood their ground against Sprinter Sacre and his first chase at Donnie had me and I'm sure hundreds more a lot more excited than watching Douvan do his thing.

The are of course different types Sprinter Sacre jumps fences like a stag and was absolutely breathtaking and while he never looked to be travelling that fast he was the fastest horse from 4 out I have ever seen.

However this Douvan may not be the greatest jumper out there but he does it economically and is exceptionally clever . When he wasn't 100% spot on he corrected himself and lost very little doing it.

What he has got an Arkle type engine under the bonnet and IMO but I doubt if he'll get a walkover at Cheltenham but I do thing he'll win and win easily.

Looking at what is around at the moment I wonder what odds the bookies would give the 200 timeform barrier be broken for chasers in the next 2 years.

Surprised Onenightinvienna was pushed out for the NH chase after today's 2nd at Kempton

It was only over 3 miles and both he and the winner jumped impeccably. They'll both be contenders on the day & just a shame Hills are best price, as the robbing gits are only 1/5th the odds 1,2,3

i thought his jumping was perfect..never saw a flaw

I'm talking about Douvan you are talking about the race.

Got a bit too close to the 2nd last and ploughed through the last at Leo in Dec.

Took off too early at the last at Navan...Dived at it as the commentator said.

He's a novice and can't expect him to be perfect.

I'd be happy if he stood off his fences a bit more as he's just gone through the top of a few.
Not to the extent it stops him but I'd rather see him 6" higher and have 6" to spare if he gets one wrong.

Watching from the stands on Sunday, the most impressive thing about Douvan was how quickly the ground was covered at each fence - he was fast and economical all the way round, to my eye. He appears to have learned his trade very quickly, and I'd say him and No More Heroes are two of the best-jumping novice chasers I've seen in a good while.

Last edited:
Onenightinvienna will miss Cheltenham completely and go for the Grand National as a novice in the colors of West Tip.

He's qualified and is currently rated 151 so will get in. SkyBet the only firm to have him in their lists and the 50/1 is calling me.

Bugger as was the only one I'd backed for the NH. He's jumped really well and will have to get involved at that kind of price when it's available on the High St

Six horses entered in all four and surprise, surprise they're all trained by WPM.

Some uncertainty I can understand but how the feck do you enter six horses for both the Arkle and the NH chase ?

an interesting clash..i'd be erring towards Vaniteux..Shaneshill might find the test not enough..slower ground and further look his strength. Has to give 4lb as well. Looks another cracking weekend race

Last edited:
an interesting clash..i'd be erring towards Vaniteux..Shaneshill might find the test not enough..slower ground and further look his strength. Has to give 4lb as well. Looks another cracking weekend race

Fox Norton in that race too. :ninja:

Back