Novice Chasers 2015/16

Hmmm, hindsight is a fine thing but Daryl Jacob should be dictating his own pace on that kind of ground in a 3 runner race.

Last edited:
Henderson is making an absolute mess of this season. Can he really be that unlucky to have so many fragile animals in his yard?

Yes Bear if it's not Nicky it's Jonjo or PN. These are high profile trainers with the best horses around and when they go wrong its news.

Who knows or cares why Rebecca Curtis's Potters Cross has been of the course for over 2 years. I never heard of the horse until today tbh

I very much doubt if Nicky Henderson does anything that causes his horses to break down or whatever.

He is praised to the eyeballs by people Like AP BG and Fitzy who have worked with the guy as a man with great affection for his horses.

----
Back to L'Ami Serge he got a clean bill of health from the vet and Nicky is bemused :blink:

I'm not I think he was totally outclassed by a fast improving horse who was 10 seconds on average faster than Taquin Du Seuil and 30 seconds faster than the other 3 horse race.

Violet Dancer is a Betfair Hurdle winner, L"ami Serge is the holder of ziltch and quite frankly he looked outclassed by a better horse. A Horse that if he learns to jump could be anything.
He must have hit 1/2 dozen fences and to still record a time like he did, that takes something special.

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20160213/2573718/15320613

Last edited:
Ar Mad will be a fascinating watch today. He's jumped alarmingly right on both his previous visits to Plumpton and, though he probably won't see the opposition from the off, has a mountain to climb to prove he'll jump straight enough for an Arkle.

Although it's the local course for the stable I find it a strange decision to run here to see if he handles a left handed course, he's run here before ,plus it's heavy ground. Would have thought there'd have been better options.

I didn't get chance to see it but based on the RP commentary he was as impressive as was expected albeit he did apparently run down a few fences again.

As somebody who's been on Douvan for a good while he concerns me slightly - in that he could take Douvan out of the race if he jumps into him :ninja:

Jockey is usually at pains to take him towards the outside on LH courses, Lee. Cracking horse, but the Arkle surely not the right race for him.

Races at Plumpton today 60 yds to 90 yds added to advertised distances apparently if anyone going to record his time.

I hope you're right Reet as the last thing we (or at least I) want is him harassing Douvan up front and causing his jumping to falter as a result. Could be some pace on with those two though.

I have him in a few accumulators at 12/1 - surely he's too good not to place. I remember God's Own ("only wins going right-handed") giving the Arkle a proper go last year at 33/1.

Shame if true would love to see him serve it up to Douvan up front. Right kick in the nuts for the trainer after Violet Dancer.

Last edited:
Back