Novice Chasers 2017/2018

Thank God Finians Oscar ran a shocker. Definately wasn't to his true form. Hopefully and selfishly hope the JLT is the target now.

Footpad goes for the Irish Arkle. If he wins that as expected they have no reason to go JLT.

Of course, there's always the possibility that something else from Willie's will impress in the next few weeks. The Christmas festivals will be instructive.

He migh't have the choice Gearoid. Munir was hinting after the Navan run that it could be Ruby's ride no matter what

Didn't realise that was public knowledge. I've had it suggested to me Ruby will ride Footpad in the Arkle.

Side question. If that is the case, how much shorter would the market make Footpad with Ruby rather than Jacob?

Of course, there's always the possibility that something else from Willie's will impress in the next few weeks. The Christmas festivals will be instructive.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head and Elliot has nothing. I could see Footpad being very short after Xmas.

Bamako Moriviere has been impressive his two wins this season. Yes, the last one was on soft over 2m4 but his earlier win over Tombstone was over 2 on g/y. Bit of a turn off that he was running in the summer but his form has taken an upturn since the jumps season proper started.

Bamako Moriviere has been impressive his two wins this season. Yes, the last one was on soft over 2m4 but his earlier win over Tombstone was over 2 on g/y. Bit of a turn off that he was running in the summer but his form has taken an upturn since the jumps season proper started.

powers horse maybe. Last seasons Ricci novice hurdlers were a poor crop. Don't see an immense chaser emerging from them

I liked Invitation Only in Navan today. Jumped really nicely on his first (to all intents and purposes) time over fences, with the time quicker than the handicap chase over the same distance.

Wasn't really following the jumps last season but he seemingly didn't build on his maiden win. Anyone have a view on the horse?

Struggling to find a reason why 5/1 Footpad for the Arkle isn't an ante post gift this Xmas.

Back