Novice Chasers 2017/2018

Who else would you blame?

:lol:

I think I commented earlier on this thread, that his jumping looked a little iffy to me at Perth. Wonder if he was perhaps carrying something there.

Last edited:
Very nice start for Rather Be today.

Finians back out again tomorrow in a nice, if limited in numbers, chase over 2m5.

Sutton Place has an entry at Leopardstown next Thursday.
Looking forward to seeing him out as he could be something special. Fingers crossed.

Am a big fan of Finian's but was massively disappointed with the Henry VIII run. He looked in trouble from the off so can't get involved today at a short price. Dolos fairly pinged around here last month and will do for me at around 3-1 getting the weight

Am a big fan of Finian's but was massively disappointed with the Henry VIII run. He looked in trouble from the off so can't get involved today at a short price. Dolos fairly pinged around here last month and will do for me at around 3-1 getting the weight

True enough but Benatar won here with some authority before slamming the useful Keeper Hill at Plumpton

He needs to progress further to give 6lb to Dolos but I think it’s quite likely and 9/4 will do for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what to think of old Finian. Hopefully they rest him before Cheltenham now. Not concerned about his jumping just his attitude. Gave 5 pound to the winner and was done on the line. Probably prefer the better spring ground so I'm not too disheartened having backing him in everything.

He reminds me a little of The Tullow Tank.
He had plenty of tough races as a novice hurdler and has lost his confidence a little and his way as a result.
methinks the horse could do with a break to freshen him up or maybe back for the stayers hurdle ?
Then again, Cue Card had a similar Novice campaign and look what happened him over the years.
A top race all the same.

He reminds me a little of The Tullow Tank.
He had plenty of tough races as a novice hurdler and has lost his confidence a little and his way as a result.
methinks the horse could do with a break to freshen him up or maybe back for the stayers hurdle ?
Then again, Cue Card had a similar Novice campaign and look what happened him over the years.
A top race all the same.

id say TTT was more reliant on ground than FO.

FO might just be a bit slower to come around than some others. His novice hurdle campaign started late and he ran pretty soon after winning his point.

his jumping doesn't inspire. Even considering 2m with him was foolhardy

It's been a strange campaign so far for Finians and agree a break may help
Not all about him though as Benatar is now 3/3 and great to see the Moore's with another potential nice one
Dolos jumped beautifully, but just not good enough

id say TTT was more reliant on ground than FO.

FO might just be a bit slower to come around than some others. His novice hurdle campaign started late and he ran pretty soon after winning his point.

his jumping doesn't inspire. Even considering 2m with him was foolhardy

I have to agree and I backed him for the Arkle in an accie............1 down 6 to go:(

A bit of a surprise that Death Duty is taking on Footpad in the 2M Grade 1 at Leopardstown on Tuesday instead of running in the 2 1/2m Grade 2 at Limerick. That will be interesting - plenty of rain forecast so ground conditions should not be an excuse. Maybe Death Duty goes wherever Davy Russell goes.

Is Russell not on Whisper??

Edit: Just checked - it’s Coleman. I feel less confident about the forecast now.

Last edited:
Back