Novice Chases 2021-22

That's well into the new year taken care of :D

So reminiscent of Carlisle as soon as he was taken on Ahoy Senor was all over the shop and Bravemansgame won as he liked.

How good is he! I thought Ahoy Senor would give him more of a match than that.

That was visually, very, very impressive from the winners, he could be excellent couldn't he.

Talk of skipping Cheltenham with BMG from Nicholls. I was thinking during the race how he reminds me of Silviniaco Conti and it might be he just keeps him to the likes of Kempton and Aintree.

Very surprised at the SP of Ferny Hollow they were shovelling money onto him 3 minutes before the off.

Looks a top class performer in the making.

By this time next year the whole face of NH is going to look so different.

So many good horses are coming up through the ranks.

Last edited:
Christ, imagine if Hendo did that he'd be lynched.

think hendo is kind of the opposite of this really, where cheltenham is the be-all and end-all with him to the point he's afraid to give his horses hard races outside of it

seems nicholls is becoming more and more happy hoovering up the big uk races throughout the season and accepting that it's bloody hard for him to win the big races at the festival so aims certain horses at other races around it

Yeah hoovering up the races where the Irish are less likely to run!
Not good IMO

Exactly. A disgrace if BMG misses the festival (if fit and healthy obviously) especially with PFN comparing him to Denman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Euro will hunt him down

Surely not

The problem with Pumpkin is that he's so absorbed in his horses I don't think he's sort of aware of the oppo sometimes. Like, he actually, really thought he was winning the Ballymore with BMG. Was he completely unaware of the monster he was coming up against?

BMG I think will be top class, he must go to Cheltenham.

Clan Des Obeaux is a Grade 2 horse that he managed to win a couple of King George's with. IMO he runs to the same level at Cheltenham, he has decent form there, but the races at Grade 1 level are so much better he gets found out.

BMG does not need to duck the Irish.

Im spending my day looking at the Marsh. Got to be some value in finding what follows Bob home, the markets a mess.

Bob could genuinely be value at 6/4 even this far out. Can literally rule half the market out at this point.

The problem with Pumpkin is that he's so absorbed in his horses I don't think he's sort of aware of the oppo sometimes. Like, he actually, really thought he was winning the Ballymore with BMG. Was he completely unaware of the monster he was coming up against?

BMG I think will be top class, he must go to Cheltenham.

Clan Des Obeaux is a Grade 2 horse that he managed to win a couple of King George's with. IMO he runs to the same level at Cheltenham, he has decent form there, but the races at Grade 1 level are so much better he gets found out.

BMG does not need to duck the Irish.

He has a hard on for 2022 KG which may be to justify his own predictional ego rather than what should be the reason the horse was bought

Nicholls says they will target the RSA having spoken with the owners this morning.

Is Nicholls scared of Cheltenham? I know there are more races to win, but seems every half decent animal he has may miss Cheltenham and target Aintree.

Back