Novice Hurdlers 2009/2010

Didn't expect Peddlers Cross!

Disappointed with ROP who had to use up much too much energy too far out due to losing his position. Not as good as I hoped regardless but would have went closer.

Thought Reve de Sivola was sure to win.

Thornton staying on was incredible.

Rite Of Passage just failed to stay I reckon. 20:20 hindsight, but he surely would have gone close yesterday.

Rite Of Passage just failed to stay I reckon. 20:20 hindsight, but he surely would have gone close yesterday.

Quite possibly but agree now yesterday's race the better one. I just don't think with the way the race went for him he could ever have shown any possible burst he has.

I don't have much sympathy though considering they were dodging 1 horse.

Yes, absolutely - where did I say it wasn't?

I said ROP being shuffled around and having to use up energy meant he never would be in a position to have the needed energy at the business end. I also said he wasn't as good as I hoped.

What more do you want?

Where did Dunguib get shuffled around?

He didn't - and ROP did not really either - he couldn't hold his place from the top of the hill where he was already off the bridle before coming back on it.

I just find it funny that you are happy to talk about ROP being capable of better today (which I probably agree with actually) but could not stand a word of the same thing being applied to Dunguib yesterday considering the wide passage he had throughout plus his positioning from right off the pace which was relatively steady. ROP was beaten over 5 lengths while Dunguib was beaten less than 2.

But anyway we should really be talking about the winner.

So you agree with me? :p

I think the front 2, who i didn't especially fancy, look very smart. Interesting to see where they both go next and next year.

Finian's Rainbow would be worth aiming at the 2 miler at Aintree.

Anyone hear any word on how Quel Esprit is after his fall and if there's any talk of him lining up in the Albert Bartlett on Friday??

Peddlers Cross gets an RPR of 154 for his Neptune win. Short of the likes of Monsignor (164), Barton & French Holly (160) and last year's winner Mikael D'Haguenet (158), but higher than such legends as Hardy Eustace (153) and Istabraq (149) managed in the same race.

Barton peaked two years later with a 14 length victory in a heavy ground Aintree Hurdle over some yoke called "Best Mate".

(You remember the day: lots of mud, 4 finishing the National, Red Marauder winning the last horse standing comp)

Really glad for Brian O'Connell winning 2 races yesterday.

I couldn't watch morning line today - was there any fallout from McCririck's comments?

Back