Novice Hurdlers 2018/2019

Considering he already owns Sir Erec it now has to be likely that Fakir D'oudaireis is Supreme bound. He's had 4 year olds in it before.

Listening to blake on the pod, it seems likely

He mentioned that this guy would love a bit of cut in the ground and the Tuesday will be the softest ground of the festival most likely

I'd say it's a no brainer now, especially as he'd had a number of runs over hurdles before coming over from France and they had no qualms about throwing him in against older 5 year olds on his Irish debut.

Klassical Dream barely got up after a huge tussle with a very good horse, Aramon (commiserations).

Sir Erec waited in front until getting over the last. But overall I agree with you, archie, this assumption that one of JP's other juveniles might be good enough for the Supreme is quite a leap.

What do we all think of Champ’s chances for the Ballymore? Looking at the Skybet request a bets today and I’ve noticed they have him in a lot of their festival ‘place’ specials. To me it seems like they think he won’t even place let alone win the race but he’s looked different class so far this season.

Cheers for any replies

Unless you have him backed already, I wouldn't be in a hurry to jump in at 3's

Sadly no, nothing on him at bigger prices. Just found it interesting Skybet seem so keen to lay it in a lot of ‘to place’ bets and this horse will be bigged up on the day as one of the festival bankers I think.

I fancy champagne platinum ew for supreme
Plenty stamina in breeding which seems to Auger
Well in this race !

What do we all think of Champ’s chances for the Ballymore? Looking at the Skybet request a bets today and I’ve noticed they have him in a lot of their festival ‘place’ specials. To me it seems like they think he won’t even place let alone win the race but he’s looked different class so far this season.

Cheers for any replies

Personally I've been impressed by him more than I have any novice hurdler for quite a while. If he were mine I'd certainly be tempted to drop him back in trip and go for the Supreme. His last race was a farcical affair in truth and the one before that really wasn't run at much pace but the way he has taken a fierce pull both times, particularly in the first of those performances and the way he's finished just points to me that he's all class.

If he's 3/1 now for the Ballymore it's not really my sort of bet but if you are going to punt favourites antepost then there are certainly worse options than him I'd of thought.

I'd punted him at 33/1 NRNB for the Champion hurdle thinking that he may have done something between the time I struck the bet and the festival to warrant supplementation. The bet was refunded when he wasn't amongst the latest entries. That sort of shows how good I thought he might be. As it is I don't think he's going to run before the festival so I can't see him doing anything that will shorten his price too much between now and then so I'll just wait for the day now. If his price has gone it's no bother to me I'll just watch and see if the opinion on him was right.

I fancy champagne platinum ew for supreme
Plenty stamina in breeding which seems to Auger
Well in this race !

If i were to name myself after a biscuit I'd probably be Chocolate hob nob......Ginger nut......or maybe even Fig roll...that aside, welcome on board.

Cheers granger I really like one today Rocky shores , 1.35 Fairyhouse
It got mucked about a bit 1st run , he was around 14 len behind the triumph
Fav sir Eric who is 6/4 fav. Not a bad 1st run
11-2 def worth a ew play good luck

Novice Hurdlers 2018/2019 (now with Chelt Festival entries)

Henderson confirms Angels Breath & Mister Fisher for Supreme. Champagne Platinum goes Ballymore along with Champ.

Birchdale & Dickie Diver go AB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Absolutely I think ya. Couldn’t have him myself but certainly looks that’s where he’s going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PP worse price 7-1 for Klassical Dream in Ballymore and available at 22s to back on Exchange for Supreme....

Last edited:
Back