Older Flat Horses 2010

Fair enough - My view is he was flattered by his proximity to the champ in the early part of last season and has beaten nowt this year. Even Hamm seems converted which shocked me!!!

It's his form in the Irish Champion that marks the clear standard, surely? He didn't have to improve on that to beat Recharge 7l at the Curragh. Considering most people seem to think he'll improve for the step up in trip, it's certainly understandable why 5/4 is appealing.

The ground issue looks like a bit of a red herring for both Fame And Glory and Sariska to me. I can't see why Fame And Glory should not handle good or even good to firm ground. The ground at York has been genuinely fast the last two years and Sariska has had no trouble acting on it.

I'm trying to learn to not be so stubborn! I had similar thoughts with Duke of Marmalade a few years back and lost a fortune on him - the only race he didn't win (the Arc) I finally came round to backing him. It's fair to say I was a happy man when he finally went to stud.

No it doesn't... It puts him low 120's.. He's rated 128 if I remember correctly and I said at least.

I'm swimming against the tide with this one as everyone and their dog seems to have a hard on for F&G. I don't think either of the front two are much value and I won't be having much of a bet in this but I think High Heeled is worth a few quid e/w.

I wouldn't use Recharge as a way of measuring F&G he is an in and out performer and on his day can be good. F&G must win this.

Fame and Glory has ran against all three of them in the past and didn't finish in front of any of them yet is even money... It's a funny old game :)

I've always had complete faith that Fame and Glory had retained all his ability. Once he's ridden aggressively I can't see him losing. Surely he will be ridden that way.

Fame is now a Group 1 winner at two, three and four and you get the feeling the best is yet to come. I can't see past him today. Much as I love her, Sariska will have to run a huge race against him in his current form to beat him.

I would but I've gone to the dark side.

I think he's the main danger to Fame and Glory.

May do a forecast - will that do you? :p

I have backed Youmzain (9s) in a small each way double with Alexandos (9/2).

Fame main bet of day. I think he will win by 4+ lengths.

Beautifully balanced, in front early and perhaps just a little bit of a flat spot. Second wind and stamina settled it.

No it doesn't... It puts him low 120's.. He's rated 128 if I remember correctly and I said at least.

I'm swimming against the tide with this one as everyone and their dog seems to have a hard on for F&G. I don't think either of the front two are much value and I won't be having much of a bet in this but I think High Heeled is worth a few quid e/w.

Got one bit completely wrong!!! But still managed to win a few sheckles. She'll be a serious horse when she gets some cut High Heeled.

Back