Older Flat Horses 2010

Good performance, but I think he's better than that.

Not sure was the ride poor, or maybe that's not it.

Eye-catching run from Cavalryman, who was given a poor ride (wouldn't have troubled the winner, but there is certainly a very good race him him).

TThe time was only just outside The Great Lammtarra's it was very fast a good race but the bet of the Race was High Heeled, E.W. at 25/1, on ground that did not suite,

It's not a criticism, I much prefer to see horses given rides that play to their strengths. Even when Sariska was odds on in-running, the feeling was Fame And Glory would pull out more.

My first impression is that the second and third have improved given the chance to take on top-class opposition at 12f, rather than the winner being too far below his best. Time comparison with The Oaks will be interesting.

It's not a criticism, I much prefer to see horses given rides that play to their strengths. Even when Sariska was odds on in-running, the feeling was Fame And Glory would pull out more.

I didnt take it as a criticism.....I see now they are talking about Royal Ascot possibly. Thats alot of racing early on.

I've been more impressed by FAG than last year but I think they should make hay while the sun shines with him.

I've been more impressed by FAG than last year but I think they should make hay while the sun shines with him.

Agreed ...FAG did not benefit from a break last year .. might be better to keep him on the go.. POW, KG, Irish Champion, Arc & BC

When Dylan Thomas won the ARC he ran all year long.

My first impression is that the second and third have improved given the chance to take on top-class opposition at 12f, rather than the winner being too far below his best.

I think that the fillies have improved, and that that was a really top class race.The fast time would seem to indicate that too.

I don't think it was particularly fast; more or less what you'd expect based on the Oaks time.

I think that the fillies have improved, and that that was a really top class race.The fast time would seem to indicate that too.

I'd agree. I think Sariska has run right up to her best (if not above her previous best). Fame didn't quicken brilliantly, or anything like that, but he hit the front and kept wracking it up notch by notch. It would have taken a brilliant horse at the top of its game to beat him today. And I think we will see even better from him later on. If he doesn't win the Arc he'll go much closer than last time.

Well done Gal, you've called it bang on with F&G so far. I beleive there was some debate as to whether he would win a group 1 (assume todays was a group 1).

It was great to have a really good paddock view of FaG today, with AOB doing his finessing routine (sweet - last-second gelling of the mane, a hint of Lynx... ). I was really impressed with what a beautifully-proportioned horse he is, a powerful sweep of muscling (but not overdone) from hip to hock, so there's a fine rear drive, as well as strength up front. And he's also elegant and well-behaved and the relaxed attitude he and so many of AOB's horses have must be a testament to the way they get treated at home. A delight to see, regardless of any staking.

Shockingly bad ride from Fallon on Youmzain though rushing him up on the home turn.
Very fine tactics and ride from Murtagh and gang but seeing Fame and Gloryshine just reminds me of the superstar that cantered all over him thrice last year.

It was great to have a really good paddock view of FaG today, with AOB doing his finessing routine (sweet - last-second gelling of the mane, a hint of Lynx... ). I was really impressed with what a beautifully-proportioned horse he is, a powerful sweep of muscling (but not overdone) from hip to hock, so there's a fine rear drive, as well as strength up front. And he's also elegant and well-behaved and the relaxed attitude he and so many of AOB's horses have must be a testament to the way they get treated at home. A delight to see, regardless of any staking.

Last year at the Irish Champ it occurred to me how F&G nearly looked average beside the presence of Sts. But yes he is a looker in his own right. A lovely horse.

Agreed ...FAG did not benefit from a break last year .. might be better to keep him on the go.. POW, KG, Irish Champion, Arc & BC

When Dylan Thomas won the ARC he ran all year long.

The reason he was gone for the Arc and CS is because he was asked for too much in the Irish Champion - that race finished him for the season. Horse like Dylan Thomas and Giants Causeway are very few and far between. Ascot wont suit either.

Glad to see the two fillies run well. Hopefully some good races in both of them this year.

The reason he was gone for the Arc and CS is because he was asked for too much in the Irish Champion - that race finished him for the season. Horse like Dylan Thomas and Giants Causeway are very few and far between. Ascot wont suit either.

I am not sure he was over the top come the Arc - always felt he was ridden poorly that day in a race that was not run to suit. In the Newmarket race he was certainly over the top.

Sariska actually over shadowed him a bit yesterday as well - he is very handsome horse but not the biggest.

Back