Older Flat Horses 2010

But he was poorly ridden in the Derby given what we know about the horse now. He should have finished closer despite the jockey.

But he was poorly ridden in the Derby given what we know about the horse now. He should have finished closer despite the jockey.

He would never have finished closer no matter how the race was run - just the 3rd 4th and 5th should have been much farther behind.

Only a week or so to go and the Prince of Wales is looking terrible at this stage.
We need some worthwhile oppo to Twice Over.

Must be a chance Rip Van Winkle could run in that instead. Byword looks an interesting improver, too.

Just looked at it and God it does look weak - can see why they would be keen to run Fame in it but I really hope they don't.

Yes, agree. Would be a very quick return for Fame, and it definitely seems easier opposition for RVW's seasonal start than the Queen Anne. Take on Goldi and Paco Boy later.

Must be a chance Rip Van Winkle could run in that instead. Byword looks an interesting improver, too.

Agree, the race could yet develop into a half decent one if some of the following turn up...

Cavalryman
Fame and Glory/Rip
Twice Over
Mawatheeq
Byword

I thought he showed plenty of pace in the Coronation Cup myself, but previously I would have thought he did. I thought he looked back to close to his best, didn't have much luck in running and not sure the track suited; I'd be interested in him if he ran.

I thought he travelled very well the last day and could have been third or a close second - certainly more encouraging than his Dubai efforts.

Agree -I think he is a huge price for the Prince of Wales if the vibes he turns up are correct. He'll be running right handed as well for the first time since Longchamp which could help.

A match up between Workforce and Fame And Glory in the King George has been mentioned - F&G will not be running there that's for sure. Hopefully we will not see F&G's name in the latest list of confirmations for the Prince Of Wales later in the week.

Would be very interested in Byword after his last run if he turns up. Having said that I can't see him showing if the race cuts up because they will leave it to Twice Over who is supposedly working really nicely.

Thanks, Gareth. They must be really determined to keep Rip to a mile, at least for his first race of the season. Ballydoyle not having a runner in the POW then.

Prince Of Wales -

Allybar (IRE) 4.c
Byword 4.c
Cavalryman 4.c
Debussy (IRE) 4.c
Glass Harmonium (IRE) 4.c
Mawatheeq (USA) 5.h
Presvis 6.g
Rip Van Winkle (IRE) 4.c
Shalanaya (IRE) 4.f
Stimulation (IRE) 5.h
Tazeez (USA) 6.g