Older Flat Horses 2010

I'll take some of that each way as well - he looked to travel really well at Epsom before either not handling the track and/or getting blocked off - may have been quite close to Sariska.

Really like the look of Byword - open to lots of improvement and I think it is interesting that the owner is happy to run him in the race even though he has Twice Over in it already.

I think Luca may have gone senile as well. Not running Mabait in the Hunt Cup was bad enough but surely there is no horse in training less likely to enjoy the round course at Ascot than Presvis.

I think Luca may have gone senile as well. Not running Mabait in the Hunt Cup was bad enough but surely there is no horse in training less likely to enjoy the round course at Ascot than Presvis.

As a gelding with no stud value to worry about, he's more use on the track than stood in his box. Ascot would be a more galloping track than some of these he's been running on for the last 18 months.

Fair point, and I suppose there aren't many richly endowed foreign races at the moment, but I can't see the short straight playing to his strengths. He also hasn't been picking up as well this year.

Last edited:
I, too, like Shalanaya in this. Her performance on Arc day was very taking. I was racking my brains trying to remember her name when doing the 10 to follow but she wasn't on the list for some reason.

Really like the look of Byword - open to lots of improvement and I think it is interesting that the owner is happy to run him in the race even though he has Twice Over in it already.

He is the other one I fancy to go well, and may cover with him. I just think double figure prices for Cavalryman and Shalanaya are enormous.

Byword is looking more and more solid to me. By Peintre Celebre, the step back up to 10 furlongs should really suit.

I used to think he was but I'm not sure anymore, his run behind Zenyatta was fantastic and he's put two or three top class performances in aside from that (Champion Stakes and this race last year). However, he has questions to answer for me.

Byword is priced up on one run behind Goldikova, granted he's probably improving but prior to that, a short-head defeat of Gris De Gris and a 2 length win over Unneffer is hardly inspiring stuff.

byword had two hard races against gris de gris and goldikova add the trip to england
he may run a shocker today

Bell on ATR said that Sariska was going to swerve the Pretty Polly and they would consider running her in the Eclipse. Presumably, her round there will depend on the ground.

Sariska acts on fast ground. This whole myth surrounding her going preference is based on her beating probably the worst line-up ever assembled for a classic on the bridle.

Last edited:
Juddmonte International Entries...
Alainmaar
Alexandros
Allybar (IRE)
Bushman
Byword
Cavalryman
Confront
Cutlass Bay (UAE)
Debussy (IRE)
Dixie Music (IRE)