Older Flat Horses 2010

Does anyone know if the Maktoum horses Tazeez and Mawatheeq are likely to line up in the Eclipse?

Byword is priced up on one run behind Goldikova, granted he's probably improving but prior to that, a short-head defeat of Gris De Gris and a 2 length win over Unneffer is hardly inspiring stuff.

Disagree

was priced as if Goldikova had run below her best in the Ispahan

Surely 10f is too short for Dar Re Mi, though with Rip van Winkle and Sariska not going for the Eclipse it could prove a relatively weak race this year.

Does anyone know whether Viscount Nelson and Beethoven are the likely Ballydoyle contenders?

Wonder why Midday is not being mentioned by the Abdulla team. Perhaps she was a bit jarred up after York and will be attempting a double in the Nassau instead.

With the World Cup and Wimbledon on i'm finding it difficult to get excited about sub par renewals of the Eclipse and the Irish Derby. And I hate the July meeting.

One of those unfortunate in front before and after the line things for Youmzain - at least it was a vast improvement on his recent three efforts under Fallon.

Funny how the press have made nothing of Fallon's jocking off . He has been riding fewer and fewer Jaber A horses recently .

Last edited:
The four 4yos (Daryakana, High Heeled, Celimene and Plumania) were all fillies Euro so were getting the fillies allowance of 1.5KG rather than an age allowance.

Yes, I thought she'd gone to STS too - wasn't there quite a bit of discussion over the rather close breeding, her being by GALILEO and STS being his half brother ? Might be way she didn't get in foal straight off.

O'Brien reports that Fame And Glory could return for the Royal Whip Stakes - that is a week before the International at York but would fit in nicely for a run in the Irish Champion.

High Chaparral sucessfully took that same route when he beat Falbrav in the Irish Champion on his way to a second Breeders Cup win.

Back