Older Horses 2011

My point was he is exposed at middle distances - the staying route is only being taken on because he is not top class over 1.4m.

It should be really interesting to see Passion for Gold back today (especially with St Nick yesterday for all the fact that formline is very optimistic!)

I beg to differ. For example, would they have given the Hays a share in So you think and let him run in their colours? Not on your nelly, and that is the crux of it for me.

Fame is a very decent horse, but far from a great one and exposed as thus (not a bad place to be exposed at). The last couple of years have shown this and I don't think a horse with his breeding is a priority for Coolmore considering what they have.

This is isn't the case. Rock Of Gibraltar won seven Group 1s and became a world champion after Magnier allowed him to carry Alex Ferguson’s colours. ROG now stands at Coolmore as Fame And Glory will.

Yes, but they didn't know how good Rock of Gibraltar was when they gave Ferguson the share - they know exactly how good Fame is and the answer to that is they are running him in the consolation prize races for slow middle distance horses!! :p

ROG had already beaten Hawk Wing at the Curragh before the deal with Ferguson, so they knew he wasn't useless.

Anyway we all know Fame wins the Arc this time now that he has worked out how to get round.;)

ROG had already beaten Hawk Wing at the Curragh before the deal with Ferguson, so they knew he wasn't useless.

Not useless but hardly their first string. It's a bit optimistic in terms of him actually getting there but I've taken some 16s on SNA for the Arc.

That's the first acknowledgement that the campaigning of the horse might started have to become a bit of a debate between the owner and the trainer.

That's the first acknowledgement that the campaigning of the horse might started have to become a bit of a debate between the owner and the trainer.

Wasn't there also a pretty big about turn regarding his participation in the Juddmonte last year?

I must have missed that, I thought it was a general consensus between owner and trainer that he'd run in that? Didn't see any quotes that suggested there was a difference in opinion?

Workforce may miss a clash with So You Think, and run instead at Sandown in the Brigadier Gerard Stakes four days later.

Are they chicken?

Looks like they were hoping for a soft race at The Curragh and now realise they won't get one.

Racing Post today:

Aussie Legend: 'I don't give a XXXX'

Cunnings swipe at our racing in wake of So You Think victory

:lol:

You could hardly blame him for being bitter.

Racing Post today:

Aussie Legend: 'I don't give a XXXX'

Cunnings swipe at our racing in wake of So You Think victory

You could hardly blame him for being bitter.

…I suppose not, he is an old man after all and an Aussie. We all know the Australians are the most balanced people on Earth, they’ve got a chip on both shoulders… boom, boom :D

Cummings' swipe at Think's Irish rivals

As many Australians stayed up to watch So You Think win in Ireland in the early hours of Monday morning, Bart Cummings slept soundly, sure of the result.

The former trainer of the dual Cox Plate winner said it wasn't worth a late night given the strength of the opposition in the Tattersalls Gold Cup.

In high spirits after the win of Procyon at Randwick on Tuesday, Cummings was at his mischievous best.

"I saw the race this morning," Cummings said.

"I wouldn't stay up at night for it. The racing over there isn't worth two bob.

"He met better horses than that here.

"It might be different when he gets to France, there is better racing there because they don't have bookmakers."

Cummings has long been an opponent of corporate bookmakers who he says are bleeding the industry.

"If the sheikh (Sheikh Mohammed) left England, racing would be closed down in a month," he said.

"When I was last over there I think there were 18 bookmakers in parliament."

It is no secret Cummings was upset to lose the horse in a deal done between owner Dato Tan Chin Nam and Coolmore during the spring carnival when the legendary trainer was not in the best of health.

Those wounds have healed and Cummings has moved on but he would have welcomed the opportunity to train him for a third Cox Plate.

Asked how he thought the horse looked even against inferior opposition, Cummings was succinct.

"Not as good as he did here."

Cummings' swipe at Think's Irish rivals

As many Australians stayed up to watch So You Think win in Ireland in the early hours of Monday morning, Bart Cummings slept soundly, sure of the result.

The former trainer of the dual Cox Plate winner said it wasn't worth a late night given the strength of the opposition in the Tattersalls Gold Cup.

In high spirits after the win of Procyon at Randwick on Tuesday, Cummings was at his mischievous best.

"I saw the race this morning," Cummings said.

"I wouldn't stay up at night for it. The racing over there isn't worth two bob.

"He met better horses than that here.

"It might be different when he gets to France, there is better racing there because they don't have bookmakers."

Cummings has long been an opponent of corporate bookmakers who he says are bleeding the industry.

"If the sheikh (Sheikh Mohammed) left England, racing would be closed down in a month," he said.

"When I was last over there I think there were 18 bookmakers in parliament."

It is no secret Cummings was upset to lose the horse in a deal done between owner Dato Tan Chin Nam and Coolmore during the spring carnival when the legendary trainer was not in the best of health.

Those wounds have healed and Cummings has moved on but he would have welcomed the opportunity to train him for a third Cox Plate.

Asked how he thought the horse looked even against inferior opposition, Cummings was succinct.

"Not as good as he did here."

Very droll… this is of course the same man who was the first to whine about our horses going over to contest the Melbourne Cup… why was he worried if we are so useless.:)

Cummings is a nutter. Why would having bookmakers mean horses are worse?

Number of horses rated over 125 in the year end World Thoroughbred Rankings in the past three years:

Ireland 8
Great Britain 5
USA 5
France 3
Australia 1 (now trained in Ireland!)
Japan 1

Cummings is a nutter. Why would having bookmakers mean horses are worse?

...I think he's trying to say racing here is bent (because we have bookmakers), but he doesn't tend to think through much of what he comes out with does he.

...a great laugh though.

Back