Poll: Brexit - Two Years After

Stay or Leave

• Stay

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Leave

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
Today or tomorrows newspaper is too often next weeks toilet roll, let's hope lessons have been learned for the future.

Seem to have missed the latest posts on this thread; just to say that Mike and I went on the march the other weekend and it was amazing [a couple of downsides being someone shouting 'losers' at us when we arrived in London, and a member of my NE4EU group being beaten up on his way home]. Even the weather was kind to us! What saddens me is that it's only when I'm in a group of several thousand people that I can wear my EU hat and t shirt, because I'm scared to wear them the rest of the time; at no other time in my life [66 years of it] have I been afraid to state in public what my political views are. We are now writing to politicians asking for a People's Vote but, thus far have only had one generic reply; Mike has written to Corbyn twice and has had nothing back.

Everybody should be allowed to state their political views in public but unfortunately this has not been allowed for years IF your views dont match the masses( media)... do you think that if Remainers would have won the vote... they would have let the leave voters have a march with 500k people without them having a counter demo .. not a chance in hell ... democracy my arse

There was a pro Brexit march held on the same day in Harrogate; but I don't think many people turned up.....

Virtually no one thought trump or leave EU would win ....the fact that leave voters won.. shows just how many people are sick of immigration and thought brexit would stop immigration completely......... but werent prepared to vote nf or bnp in the past ... this is my opinion from what i hear where i live.. most including me obviously aint got a clue what brexit is ..they just want there own areas to live in... like the good ole days...not mostly every empty property given to foreigners .. would you like your kid/.grankid to be the only white honky in the class

In that case, I expect you’re delighted to hear about the demands for unfettered immigration that will go with any trade deal we sign with India, and that our fruit-pickers will come from Ukraine rather than Poland.

Fu*cking idiot.

Given the ongoing revelations about funding the Leave campaign, surely we should treat the referendum like a horse race. Disqualify Leave and award the contest to the campaign in second place.

It will be the irony of all ironies that the, err, loveable "racists" who probably decided the Brexit vote will be "rewarded" with even more immigration than ever:).

Given the ongoing revelations about funding the Leave campaign, surely we should treat the referendum like a horse race. Disqualify Leave and award the contest to the campaign in second place.

Should Banks et al be taken to court and found guilty that would generate an interesting constitutional conundrum: the Leave campaign was illegal, therefore was the result of the Referendum illegal?

Uncharted waters or what?

Given the snail's pace with which the law moves I very much doubt any trial would take place before March 29th anyway; and suspect that interested parties are already endeavouring to make sure it doesn't too

If Banks gets banged-up during the 'transition period' who knows what will happen :confused:

It will be the irony of all ironies that the, err, loveable "racists" who probably decided the Brexit vote will be "rewarded" with even more immigration than ever:).

If a generic rule applied that could define every single individual nation state in Europe, (or even a majority), individually as a 'race' e.g "the Bulgarian race' or the 'Dutch race', or the 'Scottish race', then you could argue that British leave voters were being racist, although it still doesn't stand up in a court of law. Unless of course you would like to imply or give criminal records to seventeen million voters who were asked to vote on this referendum in the first place. You tell me how many Nation European states define their own racial identity, (do they actually have one?), as a"race' then you might have a decent argument.

Unfortunately when The British, (Colonial bastards that we are), decided to walk away from 28 neighbouring countries or whatever it was, to leave the European institution, (ironically leaving behind other European colonialists in the process), including The French, and the infamous world renowned former fascist state Germany, this cannot be deemed as racism by any sane definition of law. I couldn't care less what way this all goes now. Stay, remain, remain, leave or whatever, but you should really stick to Drone's argument about finding a legal way of making the referendum void if you want to win the argument, instead of this racism point. If a British voter in the 21st century cannot look at the impact of mass migration on his or her population, in a 'once in a lifetime vote' without being labelled a racist, then the only case to answer is slander for people calling other people racist.

Last edited:
Virtually no one thought trump or leave EU would win ....the fact that leave voters won.. shows just how many people are sick of immigration and thought brexit would stop immigration completely......... but werent prepared to vote nf or bnp in the past ... this is my opinion from what i hear where i live.. most including me obviously aint got a clue what brexit is ..they just want there own areas to live in... like the good ole days...not mostly every empty property given to foreigners .. would you like your kid/.grankid to be the only white honky in the class
And this is why Democracy isn't always a good idea........Grass has summarised and articulated [emoji23] it far better.

It is wrong to suggest that all Leave voters are/were racist. It's equally wrong to suggest they are/were all anti-immigration.

Two of my brothers voted Leave, both for different reasons; none had anything to do either with racism or immigration. Their reasons were entirely economic but I reckon for every economic reason they put forward for leaving it would be possible to put forward at least one counter-argument for remaining.

I love them no less for their choice and I acknowledge both are vastly more intelligent than me so they may well be right. As far as they are concerned their reasons are as sound as anyone's for remaining. But I still disagree with them.

I do believe a vast majority of the Leave voters did so on the basis of a campaign predicated on lies, fear and loathing.

“It wasn’t only racists who voted for Brexit though, was it?........cu*nts did too, didn’t they?.”

Stewart Lee - 2018

I believe that restrictions could have been put on immigration but the then Home Secretary didn't do so; can someone please correct me on this if I am wrong??

as if i give a toss where fruit pickers come from.. lets hope they stick all the indians in your street you ****

You're so wrapped up in your warped agenda that you don't think other people live in multicultural areas, and that you're the only one that knows what they're talking about. Hilarious!!!

Perhaps it's because all the bad ones read all the shite you spout on here and then come to live by you just to take the p*ss, whereas the decent folk move to where the rest of us are.

Back